Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #1

Opinions on 2014 Bay Hill 365 RL

I am looking at a used 2014 Bay Hill 365 RL that an individual is selling. He says they have only used it 3 time and it looks like it. They kept it in a building. It is a very nice RV, but with Bay Hill being out of business I am concerned about the quality. Can you share any personal experience with this unit or other Bay Hills made around 2014?
Duckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2018, 06:35 AM   #2

While I am not a fan of the company, what difference would it make if the company was still in business? Its out of warranty any way.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #3

We own a 2014 BayHill 340RK and love it. We purchased it 2 months before the company we out of business so no warranty. The one big thing that you need to look at is the water tanks at the back of the unit. Some have had problems with the tank falling, yes we did also, but if your aware and check and add a brace under them it's not as big a deal as some make it out to be. The long brace the tank has running the length of the tank is not really strong enough to hold the weight with water in it. If you do purchase it ask anout this known problem and if they addressed it and if not then have it checked. NOT all units have the problem but those that do, like us, have installed metal bracing to add strength. Not hard to do if you dont mind getting under the unit and doing a little work.
We love the fit and finish of our unit and it's well made other than the weak area holding the tank in back. We have 1 AC and it keeps up very well in keeping our fiver cool in heat and the furnace keeps it toasty in the cold. Love the Auto level.
We did upgrade the brakes to disc due to my fear of not being able to stop on a dime due to idiots stopping short or cutting us off, but not any more. Disc Brakes are the only ones we will ever have on a fiver this heavy and size. No more fiver pushing the truck on down hill grades, the trailers brakes keep it from doing that, and you can feel it when they grab.
We did add a few mods but that's only due to our personal wants. They are great units made for full time use. Evergreen has a web page on Facebook, check it out and talk to others who also have these units and get their views on them.

Dawn
Tundra2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra2084 View Post
We own a 2014 BayHill 340RK and love it. We purchased it 2 months before the company we out of business so no warranty. The one big thing that you need to look at is the water tanks at the back of the unit. Some have had problems with the tank falling, yes we did also, but if your aware and check and add a brace under them it's not as big a deal as some make it out to be. The long brace the tank has running the length of the tank is not really strong enough to hold the weight with water in it. If you do purchase it ask anout this known problem and if they addressed it and if not then have it checked. NOT all units have the problem but those that do, like us, have installed metal bracing to add strength. Not hard to do if you dont mind getting under the unit and doing a little work.
We love the fit and finish of our unit and it's well made other than the weak area holding the tank in back. We have 1 AC and it keeps up very well in keeping our fiver cool in heat and the furnace keeps it toasty in the cold. Love the Auto level.
We did upgrade the brakes to disc due to my fear of not being able to stop on a dime due to idiots stopping short or cutting us off, but not any more. Disc Brakes are the only ones we will ever have on a fiver this heavy and size. No more fiver pushing the truck on down hill grades, the trailers brakes keep it from doing that, and you can feel it when they grab.
We did add a few mods but that's only due to our personal wants. They are great units made for full time use. Evergreen has a web page on Facebook, check it out and talk to others who also have these units and get their views on them.

Dawn
Do you have any picture of the bracing you did?
Duckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #5

Bay hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
I am looking at a used 2014 Bay Hill 365 RL that an individual is selling. He says they have only used it 3 time and it looks like it. They kept it in a building. It is a very nice RV, but with Bay Hill being out of business I am concerned about the quality. Can you share any personal experience with this unit or other Bay Hills made around 2014?
I have owned a ‘13 385RL for about 3.5 years and absolutely love it. The fit and finish is very good and I have not had any major issues yet. The auto level works OK on level ground but needs a lot of manual adjustments when on unlevel ground. If the unit has an on demand hot water tank I have found by trial and error that the control has to be adjusted depending on the ambient temperature of the water you are using. A sure fire way to know you have it set too high is if you run into a problem with the water going hot and cold while taking a shower. The on demand hot water tank does not heat the water to a specific temperature but instead only raises the water temperature by a certain amount. And the tank does have an upper limit. So the colder it is outside the higher the setting, the hotter it is outside the lower the setting.
I also would like to see a picture of the reenforcement bracket to apply it to my rig.
Ken Schneider
Happy snowbird
kschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #6

Evergreen Owners Club
Bay Hill

We also owned a 2014 295rl. Sold it last year. We too loved it with no major problems.
Same experience with the water heater. Just have to learn how to use it.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #7

Sorry no pictures. But you either have to drop the coraplast or cut it open to expose the tank. What I found was that the bar holding the galley tank had twisted because they only put one screw on the one side where there should have been three. I got that bar straightened and then reinstalled it with three screws. I then purchased some aluminium tubing (1/2 in), threaded rod, nuts for the threaded rod and fasteners. The fasteners were attached to the I beams on either side of the tank. I cut the rods to length drilled a hole in the tubing which was also cut to length and assembled the hanging "craddle". So now the tank is supported by the tubing which is installed front to back (2of them) rods hanging from the fasteners and the nuts tightening everything up from underneath. The fasteners are called I beam clamps. I hope this makes sense.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #8

Now the only other thing I want to do is put a. Couple of flat steel bars under the fresh water tank, which is right at the back. Just to re enforce the bottom so it doesn't have the opportunity to fall out. I'll ut them so the fit between the I beams at the back and install them under the tank. I'm not as worried about this mod as we rarely have but 2-3 gallons or water in the fresh water tank.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:15 AM   #9

We had a 2013 unit and only had 1 major problem with the unit. We had an electrical problem with the converter, it had an intermittent problem, the AC would have 220 on one leg taking out everything on that line (TV’s and the microwave and other times I had plugged in) had to be replaced. The shop could not find the problem so I decided it was time to trade it in. We were looking to trade in to get a unit with residential frig and a better bedroom layout.