Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2018, 10:49 AM   #1

Owners Manual

I recently purchased a 2014 DRV MS Estate 39 RESB3 and can't find the owners manuals. The dealer said they don't have them and that the previous owners must have taken or lost them. Can anyone direct me to where I can purchase these for this fifth wheel?

If there is a DRV owners group on here, I must have missed it.

Thanks in advance for your help!
foretravelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2018, 04:49 PM   #2
MnP

Here's a couple of DRV forums. But......you won't find an owners manual. The binder supplied with the unit when new was full of the individual manuals for the installed equipment supplied by the various manufactures. There really isn't anything that address operation of the systems in the 5er. Just download what you need from the web.

[moderator edit]
Thor Forums - Powered by vBulletin
MnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnP View Post
Here's a couple of DRV forums. But......you won't find an owners manual. The binder supplied with the unit when new was full of the individual manuals for the installed equipment supplied by the various manufactures. There really isn't anything that address operation of the systems in the 5er. Just download what you need from the web.

[moderator edit]
Thor Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Thanks Mike; the top url is blank, but the thor forum works and thanks again for the heads up! I figured the owners manual would only have the vendors listed and the info on each item, but thought there might be more. Disapointed that the binder is missing!
Old 04-21-2018, 07:08 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
It's not like an owners manual for a car and is really useless. All the info you need is readily available on the internet with a little research.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:57 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
THis is a generic post.. RV"s Both motor homes and trailers have multiple manuals
Motor homes are based on a TRUCK, get the manual for the nearest Truck Match you can find .. Chiltons or the other 3rd party Truck manual publisher.. This will cover the engine and drive train, brakes and such, NOTE you may need a few special manuals.

House. Walls, floors Ceiling and roof. Other than the roof no differnt than yoru sticks and bricks (inside) and car (outside) Roof is closest to kitchen floor. Mop with Spic& SPan and rinse well at leaxt 2x a year I use a long handle "Van Wash" brush instead of a mop on mine, Rinse with garden sprayer or auto wash sprayer.

STUFF, Including Doors, Mirrors, Fridge, Water heater, TV's Microwave Furnace Jacks, Steps, Toilets and well. just about everythign else.

Find the make and model from the ID plate and visit the manufacturer's web page for the manual for that device in PDF format for your computer.

NOTE: Dometic does NOT make Microwaves.. The model on mine traced to LG, same model neumber worked on LG's web page. ID place said LG, only the door said Dometic. I assume they buy from multiple sources. IF yours is an LG.. Good luck LG = Lucky Goldstar and I've never been that lucky (Mine does work but.. Well it's now a wa8yxm)
Old 04-24-2018, 08:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
THis is a generic post.. RV"s Both motor homes and trailers have multiple manuals
Motor homes are based on a TRUCK, get the manual for the nearest Truck Match you can find .. Chiltons or the other 3rd party Truck manual publisher.. This will cover the engine and drive train, brakes and such, NOTE you may need a few special manuals.

House. Walls, floors Ceiling and roof. Other than the roof no differnt than yoru sticks and bricks (inside) and car (outside) Roof is closest to kitchen floor. Mop with Spic& SPan and rinse well at leaxt 2x a year I use a long handle "Van Wash" brush instead of a mop on mine, Rinse with garden sprayer or auto wash sprayer.

STUFF, Including Doors, Mirrors, Fridge, Water heater, TV's Microwave Furnace Jacks, Steps, Toilets and well. just about everythign else.

Find the make and model from the ID plate and visit the manufacturer's web page for the manual for that device in PDF format for your computer.

NOTE: Dometic does NOT make Microwaves.. The model on mine traced to LG, same model neumber worked on LG's web page. ID place said LG, only the door said Dometic. I assume they buy from multiple sources. IF yours is an LG.. Good luck LG = Lucky Goldstar and I've never been that lucky (Mine does work but.. Well it's now a wa8yxm)
Thanks! I actually received the owners manual from DRV on line yesterday. There actually is a lot of information I was looking for. Like torque on wheel lugs, electrical system, etc. I understand that the appliance information can be found on their respective websites! Appreciate the comments!
Old 04-25-2018, 02:22 PM   #7

If your DRV is anything like my HitchHiker there will be a sheet inside one of the cabinet doors listing all the things you have (make, model and maybe serial) That makes it easy to go to the web and find info.

Brad
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddadles View Post
If your DRV is anything like my HitchHiker there will be a sheet inside one of the cabinet doors listing all the things you have (make, model and maybe serial) That makes it easy to go to the web and find info.

Brad
Thanks for that information!

Tags
manual