Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #15

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Although for better info, i would suggest checking www.forestriverforums.com then go to their palomino section. That site is mainly all forest river owners.
Beausdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #16

They sure do look great and appear to be very well thought out! So how do you like it? Any problems? How's the AC holding up in all this record summer heat? Any reccomendations? How many miles have you traveled with it? Thanks
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #17

My Columbus 320rs with front a/c has a measured height of 12'10" at what I believe is a fairly level position of the camper. Remember that there are adustments at the pinbox. My hitch has an air bag that can also change the height by 2" + or -.
redfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #18

We have been looking at the columbus palomino. Was wondering if they come with hydraulic jacks
Cjohnson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjohnson52 View Post
We have been looking at the columbus palomino. Was wondering if they come with hydraulic jacks
There are 4 way and 6 way electric leveling systems as an option. We ordered ours with the 6 way and wouldn't have another one without it.
redfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2674 View Post
Thanks LadyFitz,

I have located a dealer about 70 miles from here and will visit to see the Columbus in person!

Bill
What was quality like? What type of frame? Did you end up getting one? I am first timer and like the lay out.
TXDIANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #21

The quality appeared good! I was not getting alot of information from my salesman and everytime I asked a question he did not have an answer. When he said he would get back to me with an answer, he didn't.

I ended up ordering a Cedar Creek 36CKTS, should be in at the end of Aug.

Bill
bill2674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsaxdawg View Post
Just bought a 13 columbus 320RE palomino and Forest River hit a home run with this one
How are you liking it so far? Any problems or issues?
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #23

I have a Columbus 320RS, purchased it in March. We've been out 6 times. It is a beautiful fiver. That being said, as mentioned in an earlier response, I should have waited for them to work the bugs out of a new line. I have had a number of minor cosmetic and workmanship problems, most I have repaired myself. I did discover a major water leak from under the rig. Had to have it returned to the factory to have one of the holding tanks replaced, along with the front AC unit. I came back from the factory with scratches on the counter. Response from the factory has been slow, as I think they are busy, but it is disappointing.
The problems I experienced were primarily problems caused by poor workmanship at the factory, all which were corrected. I think they will get their act together during the first year of production and start making a quality fiver. It has a lot of unique features that makes it a big bang for the buck.
If you purchase one, I strongly suggest doing a THOROUGH PDS and spend your first nite near the dealer, just in case.
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #24

Frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDIANIMAL View Post
What was quality like? What type of frame? Did you end up getting one? I am first timer and like the lay out.
I am interested in these also but all I can find out about the frame is is an "An all welded aluminum frame construction"....makes me wonder what they are hiding?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
RV Wholesalers has a bunch of pictures on their site if you want to take a peak.......

Has anybody had experience with purchasing from RV Wholesalers ...good or bad experiences?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #26

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDIANIMAL

Has anybody had experience with purchasing from RV Wholesalers ...good or bad experiences?
As palamino is a forest river product, you should look at forestriverforums.com for the best info from all the FR owners
Beausdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDIANIMAL View Post
I am interested in these also but all I can find out about the frame is is an "An all welded aluminum frame construction"....makes me wonder what they are hiding?
I sent email to FR about the columbus. This is their response:

*The frame is built by Lippert Components- They supply most of the frames in the trailer industry.
*We have a standard pin box from Lippert, Trail-Aire Roto Flex Pin Box and we offer the Trail Aire Ride Tri-Glide.
*The leveling system is an electric Level-up system by Lippert Components.
*The Axles are Lippert Axles and are 6000LB. axles on the 320RS and 325RL.
*The suspension is a trail-Aire suspension.
*The subfloor is all aluminum and is also laminated. It’s 1 7/8 inches thick. It is insulated with all hi density block foam insulation. The underbelly is fully enclosed and has forced blown heat coming from the 40,000 BTU furnace and has 12-volt heat blankets under the tanks as well.
* We no longer use Vinyl floors. We use all Beaufloor brand flooring.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #28

One of the things that impressed me about the Columbus was the 6 sided welded aluminum frame, same as the Sabre, their sister line.
I watched them weld a frame during my visit to the factory. It's the only way to build a trailer. They have a 10" I beam frame, as mentioned, from Lippert. The floor insulation is R-32, and the ceiling is R-30. That's also impressive. The width is 100", 4" more than most fivers. It makes a difference inside, and while towing! Between the Trail Air suspension and the Roto Flex pin box, towing the Columbus is a dream.
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote