Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2005, 01:39 PM   #1

I'm considering a Pilgrim 254 rear kitchen, and wondering if anyone has thoughts about this model and this manufacturer. (Pilgrim International also makes Open Road...)

I understand it is a touch heavy, but in my mind this may mean well-built. Any experiences with Pilgrim International?
67Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2005, 01:39 PM   #2

I'm considering a Pilgrim 254 rear kitchen, and wondering if anyone has thoughts about this model and this manufacturer. (Pilgrim International also makes Open Road...)

I understand it is a touch heavy, but in my mind this may mean well-built. Any experiences with Pilgrim International?
67Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #3

Before I bought my Jazz, I looked at several Open Road fivers. They are a little heavy but appeared to be very well built. Lots of features that are stock that would be upgrades on many trailers. Things like a china toilet.

The company itself is very reputable. The top management from several manufacturers left their companies and got together to form Pilgrim International. I have looked at some of the Pilgrim trailers. A little less pricey, but still well built.

good luck.

2002 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB D/A
baddwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 06:40 PM   #4

We looked in some at a RV Open House this weekend and they have some nice options. I dont know much about the company though
Campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:29 AM   #5

My wife and I bought an 05' Pilgrim 5'er last spring and love it. We can't wait to get out this year in it.
Alan
xc600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #6

I owned a Pilgram/Open road for about a year before I went to a MH. Had the 369rbh two bathroom model. Probably the best unit I have owned. Here is a board address for Open Road owners. I doubt you will find any dis satified owners. http://b16.ezboard.com/bopenroadrvonline
Bob
Phyxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:56 AM   #7

We just went full-time in a 2005 Open Road 349RLDS and we LOVE it! Excellent quality, layout, fit and finish. Many of our RV friends are jealous! LOL

Don & Mary Ellen Cyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:32 AM   #8

Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 67Tony:

I understand it is a touch heavy, but in my mind this may mean well-built. Any experiences with Pilgrim International? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We, too are looking at trading for a Pilgrim. I have not heard a lot of info about these units. The one we are looking at is the 315FKSS. Fully loaded was around $28,000-MSRP. It even has a TV included. 10 gallon water heater, and a vent-tastic roof vent in kitchen area. Polar package, too. Lots of storage, inside and out. If you here anything about the company, please let me know. Thanks,
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:57 AM   #9

I have only seen them. They look nice, Check PontiacRv they sell them&gt; Might be able to get a better price. Let me know if I can be of any help.
James

2005 Keystone Sprinter 303bhs
Jamess67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:09 AM   #10

Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamess67:
I have only seen them. They look nice, Check PontiacRv they sell them&gt; Might be able to get a better price. Let me know if I can be of any help.
James </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quality RV sells them, too. I know that Quality and Pontiac are the same people. El Paso RV sells them, along with Wetnight in Terre Haute. We went to Ponitac RV open house, and when I asked about a price, I couldn't get an outright MSRP. They wanted to give me a trade price.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #11

We pick up our Pilgrim 258RB-5SS @ Best Buy RV in Richmond, IN next Saturday. We looked at the 254 but felt it didn't have enough storage.
Bellbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:42 AM   #12

Hey Rick, I was at the open house house too. Per probally passed each other. Yeah I think they were trying to hussle a higher price because of the open house. I bought my Sprinter there and as told the msrp. I got them to come down $5K and they paid off my trade. I hope I got a good deal. Guess I may never know.
Good luck in your search,
James

2005 Keystone Sprinter 303bhs
Jamess67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:09 AM   #13

Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamess67:
Hey Rick, I was at the open house house too. Per probally passed each other. Yeah I think they were trying to hussle a higher price because of the open house. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was impressed with the indoor showroom that Pontiac RV has built. Makes it nice when the weather is bad. However, I still like to know what the MSRP is when I'm looking at trailers. Fleetwood makes a unit close to the Pilgrim double slide unit. The dealer in Tilton (Danville) had the MSRP sticker from the factory on the table, and told me right up front that he would come down from that price, with or without a trade. If I remember correctly, and that is a big "if", there is about a 20% markup on trailers. Don't hold me to that, it has been 6 years sence I have went out and priced trailers.

Off subject, but have you ever been to Camp Komfort in Carlock?
Old 03-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
As you can see from my PIC, I have a Open Road. I love the fit and finish, and especially love the king size bed. I dont think you will be disappointed in your decision, if you do a search on RVNET and this website, I have only heard of one dissatisfied customer. The company does what they should to make things right! If you have any further questions PM or e-mail me.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote