Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2023, 04:09 PM   #1

Plumbing issues

Hi everyone! I just registered, and this is my first post.

We own a 2021 Arctic Wolf Cherokee Limited 5th wheel. Our kitchen tank isn't draining. I used 2 separate doses of Green Gobbler drain cleaner- to no effect.

Today I bought a 20' snake. The pipe underneath the RV is only 7 feet or so from the drain valve up to the elbow below the tank. I ended up putting the entire length of the snake in the pipe- again to no avail.

So kids, where do I go from here? Thanks in advance for your help!!
CJC1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2023, 05:28 PM   #2

Welcome aboard!
Sorry you have issues with such a newer unit. What do you mean by kitchen "tank"?
Old 02-09-2023, 05:37 PM   #3

Are you sure you are opening the gray tank ? If the water is draining out the sink then it either goes into the gray or into your belly . Unless it was plumbed into your black by mistake . What does your fill gauge say ?
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 05:42 PM   #4

Sounds like you have 2 grey tanks
One for bathroom sink/shower
One for Kitchen Sink ----- Galley tank

Check for Drain valve in area where that tank is located....

What Model is your 2021 Arctic Wolf Cherokee Limited ?
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:43 PM   #5

Thanks for replying. By "tank" I'm referring to the galley greywater tank.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:46 PM   #6

Thanks for replying. Not sure of the model- I'll have to check it out.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:49 PM   #7

Thanks for replying. It's worked perfectly until a few days ago. Fill lights indicate the tank is full.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:57 PM   #8

The model is 3660.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:10 AM   #9

RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
[QUOTE=CJC1963;6420143]Hi everyone! I just registered, and this is my first post.

We own a 2021 Arctic Wolf Cherokee Limited 5th wheel. Our kitchen tank isn't draining. I used 2 separate doses of Green Gobbler drain cleaner- to no effect.

Today I bought a 20' snake. The pipe underneath the RV is only 7 feet or so from the drain valve up to the elbow below the tank. I ended up putting the entire length of the snake in the pipe- again to no avail.

There should be two gray water tanks on your floor plan. If your slides are out you’re most likely not seeing the rear gray water connection. Most are located behind the rear axle and the rear of the RV on the left side.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:20 AM   #10

I've seen that second drain handle between the road side tires. My buddy found it the hard way when it was left open at the factory. I wish I had a pic of his face when his 30 gallon gray tank overflowed my 35 gallon tote.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:51 AM   #11

Don't rely on the tank indicators. Does the gray water backup into the sink? If so, the tank is not draining. If not sensor is probably covered with something icky.

Tank indicators may read full when tank is empty. Fill tank 1/4 full and drive 100 miles. Drain tank. Indicator may start working again.

Hire someone with RV drain power washer to clean tank.

Snake probably enters tank and wraps around in the tank. It is unlikely it would clean the sensors. It may dislodge a pile of icky stuff.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 06:59 AM   #12

So we don't know how long you have your rig. But it seems everyone has figured out that you've got a "galley tank" that can be valved off from the gray tank. So is it possible that as a newbie, you are unaware of that valve? Or is it possible that you've had the rig for some time and all of a sudden the tank isn't draining after you pull the valve handle. In that case the gate has detached from the handle rod. Or if it is electronically controlled, there is a fault in the that. Good luck!
Old 02-10-2023, 07:16 PM   #13

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies!

We've had our 5th wheel for 2 years- bought it new. I know where all my drain valves are, and which one is which. What I don't know is why the galley grey tank isn't drain. I've had no issues with the black tank, nor with both grey tanks until a week or so ago when the galley tank didn't drain. The drain valve is functioning correctly.
Old 02-11-2023, 06:52 AM   #14

Tank level indicators often stop working properly. This is normal. They often indicate "full" or partially full when they are not. There are many procedures people use to clean sensors. My favorite is to partially fill the tank and drive 100 miles. A little Dawn dish washing detergent seems to help sometimes.

Many people stop looking at the display and just estimate how much is in the tank and when to empty. I did for a while until I tried the drive 100 miles trick. Fresh tank is 40 gallons.

Gray tank is 20 gallons. When fresh is 1/2 down, gray may be full. It may be time to dump.

If the tank is backing up into the sink, then the sensor may be correct and the tank drain may be blocked. This happens occasionally. The snake up the drain sometimes works. Snake down the sink drain may work.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing