Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2015, 07:33 AM   #1

Pullrite Superlite

Anybody have one of these? I am interested if any one is using with shortbed Ford F250. I have a new one I haven't put a hitch in yet. My rig is a 2009 Crossroads Cruiser 28 RL.
Dces175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2015, 11:16 AM   #2

Have a look at Demco - one of the advantages is that you don't need a capture plate so you can tow any fiver with the same auto slide hitch. It is nice to have an automatic slider - takes the mental strain out of maneuvering! Click on 'video' and then click on the picture to see the movie.

Smooth, no chucking and the hitch wraps around the pin plus a bar behind the jaws for safety.

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:59 PM   #3

Pullrite Superlite

Junk buy a husky or Reese slider
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:19 AM   #4

Thanks for the slider recommendations. I see lots of folks not using a slider. I understand it only takes one slip-up to dent a truck or lose a back window. My original post refers to input on this hitch. It seems to allow for some offset. Just curious if anyone owns one yet. The light weight would be great.
ISR Series SuperLite 20K | PullRite Hitches
Dces175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbleau6885 View Post
Lots you know...I had a Reese that would not slide...talk about junk! I should have known when the guy I got it from (with the trailer) had both sides of his truck dinked.

Maybe a bit more info rather than "junk"?

Tim
Old 01-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #6

Here is a post about the Anderson Ultimate...

That should give you more info on the particular hitch.

Tim
Old 01-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Pullrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dces175 View Post
Thanks for the slider recommendations. I see lots of folks not using a slider. I understand it only takes one slip-up to dent a truck or lose a back window. My original post refers to input on this hitch. It seems to allow for some offset. Just curious if anyone owns one yet. The light weight would be great.
ISR Series SuperLite 20K | PullRite Hitches
I have a 4100 in my f250. Contrary to some I love the hitch. Just my .02 Cents worth.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #8

pullrite hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbleau6885 View Post

Yep the above statement usually comes from someone who has never owned a Pullrite!

I've had my 16K Superglide since 2003.

My Son used to tease me for paying what I did for my hitch. He claimed his Reese Slider was just as good for 1/2 the price. Last year his truck was in the shop for repairs so we used my truck to tow his 40' 5er. We didn't go but 10 miles and he asked why his 5er didn't pull this nice behind his truck? Answer was!!! Wake up SON and buy a GOOD hitch.

He is now enjoying a 16k ISR Superglide and finding out what I did 13 years ago.

C.B.
C.B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The Pullrite Super Glide is a nice hitch, and there are lots of used ones around for reasonable money. Properly adjusted/lubricated/cleaned, the operation is seamless.

I paid $400 for mine used. I cleaned it up, lubed and adjusted it, and it worked great. I sold it for $600 less than a year later when I bought my new 8' bed truck.

If buying new, check out the Demco product. They are very similar, but (as mentioned by an earlier post) the Demco does not require a capture plate. I haven't seen one up close, but they look nice online.
Army Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Nurse View Post
If buying new, check out the Demco product. They are very similar, but (as mentioned by an earlier post) the Demco does not require a capture plate. I haven't seen one up close, but they look nice online.
And in use!

The OP doesn't want to hear about anything but the Anderson - hence the post earlier.

Tim
Old 01-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ahhh... I wasn't familiar with the Superlite. Interesting design.
Army Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #12

Hi Guys,
I am a total newbie too and I am reading everything here what I can find about hitches. Just purchased my TV (2004 Dodge 3500 Cummings) and signed the dotted line for a 2008 Domani that we love for its modern interior design.
All I need now is to get a hitch and I have to pull the plug next week since I have to get the Domani down from LA to San Diego. I was pretty much set on a standard hitch and was ready to order a Curt Q16 plus custom install kit until I talked to the owner of a local RV repair shop who made me aware of the new Pullrite Utralite that he saw at an RV show a few weeks ago. He thinks the design is great and recommended it to me but I felt like being his guinea pig before I read all the good things about the Anderson which has a similar design. What is striking for me is the lower weight so that I can pull this thing into my truck bed on my own and the absence of any chucking and play in the hitch although I don't really know what I am talking about
I am hoping that anybody more experienced on this board has used the Pullrite Ultralite already before I make my decision. I also called Pullrite and asked for references but without any luck.
Appreciate any help since I am afraid to make a mistake!
stespaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timay View Post
The OP doesn't want to hear about anything but the Anderson - hence the post earlier.

Tim
Actually, the OP wants to hear about the Pullrite Superlite.
They are just hitting the dealers so you will be hard pressed to find someone with experience. The best bet is to contact either Pullrite or a dealer who will be carrying these. If you want to hear about something similar, read the Andersen Ultimate thread. Pullrite got the idea from them and made a couple of changes to make it their own.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #14

Sorry for the typo - of course I meant the Superlite.

I talked to Pullrite and a local dealer already but didn't get any hands-on experience. I'll call the SoCal rep for Pullrite later today just to hear what he has to say.
stespaar is offline   Reply With Quote