Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2016, 06:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
I don't do the tug test when I latch on the fifth wheel but do check the jaws before I close the tailgate. When I first start to pull out of a spot I hold the brake gain and pull against it to make sure they work. Have had a bad wire and no brakes.

The thing about not clicking I was trying to hook up this last trip in the forest and did not hear it click so let it idle back a bit to make sure and it slid the trailer back a foot. Of course I had not removed the wheel chocks, I use the BAL X-type.

And thanks I think you recommitted the B&W also have the ball.
Thank you for mentioning the slide bar to make sure there are brakes! That is one thing I really need to start doing.
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #30

Wink Pullrite. . .

We tow a 43' TH @ 18k w/ a F350 DRW puck system. Not too heavy to remove, which is rare for us, and only takes 15 to 20 minutes given the simple puck hookup. Check it out as an option. Also it's American made.

ISR Series Super 5th 20K | PullRite Hitches
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolftx View Post
We tow a 43' TH @ 18k w/ a F350 DRW puck system. Not too heavy to remove, which is rare for us, and only takes 15 to 20 minutes given the simple puck hookup. Check it out as an option. Also it's American made.

ISR Series Super 5th 20K | PullRite Hitches
X2. PullRite is doing a nice job with our Toy Hauler. We have the puck system in our F350 and it fits perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466189955788.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	130480  
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel