Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 10:45 AM   #29

Drv i think gets their franes from lippert too but they are far better cause they are triple box frame. After doung the factory tour i would go luxe gold over drv. Poor quality cabinetry and plastic rv fixtures shouldnt be in rvs at this price range
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
Lippert builds to spec for Luxe. There are very few companies that build their own frames anymore. Only New Horizon and SpaceCraft still build their own.
Nortwood builds there own frames aka Artic Fox
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocarski View Post
Lippert supplies the frames. Ours has a 12 in i beam with the 2 in box frame welded to it. Imo i beam alone is ok for casual use but not strong enough for full time use. Not a fan of lippert but its hard to find an alternative.

If you are considering a luxe the independent suspension is the way to go. Too many probs with wet bolts and other stuff when you get into units this heavy. Not only a luxe issue. Many beands are having the same suspension problems
New Horizons uses the same method of an I-beam with a box tube under it.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
New Horizons uses the same method of an I-beam with a box tube under it.
at the hershey rv show the NH rep told us theirs is a 2x4 box under the I-beam vs the 2x2 on the Luxe elite. Don't know if that makes any difference or if it is in every line of New Horizons. They said they make their own frames.

We also stopped by the Luxe offsite event and the new units they had there looked good. Didn't scrutinize them too closely tho but didn't see too many obvious differences over our 2015. NH and Luxe were far and above better than anything else we saw in their cabinetry. Solid wood throughout and dovetail drawers. The best we saw in any other brand there was glued plywood drawers with slides that could have been better.

Most RVs we looked at even in the $150k to $200k range were using cheapo plastic shower faucets, even in the class As. Very disappointing.

We saw a couple of new brands making small tow behinds using box frames. If I remember correctly they were Nutech and another making a line called Retro. Cool RVs.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocarski View Post
at the hershey rv show the NH rep told us theirs is a 2x4 box under the I-beam vs the 2x2 on the Luxe elite. Don't know if that makes any difference or if it is in every line of New Horizons. They said they make their own frames.

We also stopped by the Luxe offsite event and the new units they had there looked good. Didn't scrutinize them too closely tho but didn't see too many obvious differences over our 2015. NH and Luxe were far and above better than anything else we saw in their cabinetry. Solid wood throughout and dovetail drawers. The best we saw in any other brand there was glued plywood drawers with slides that could have been better.

Most RVs we looked at even in the $150k to $200k range were using cheapo plastic shower faucets, even in the class As. Very disappointing.

We saw a couple of new brands making small tow behinds using box frames. If I remember correctly they were Nutech and another making a line called Retro. Cool RVs.
We did the New Horizon factory tour and was really impressed with their frames they build in house . We were also considering Luxe which is really nice but decided on the NH because of several qualities we like better . NH will also customize any size 5th wheel they sell to meet your needs . Luxe would do certain things but you are more limited in your choices .
cwall59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #34

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrayaz View Post
I have nothing to add of substance but I did see this video awhile back and spent some time laughing.

Hmm. I wonder why this video is no longer viewable.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
Thank you for the feedback. I've joined their owners forum, but it isn't very active - in fact, I'm still waiting moderation for my first couple posts. Is there any where that the owners are more active?
I would check and see if the reason why it’s not active is because they are all at the dealer service center and there is no WIFI. It could be. Don’t be haters.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #36

I just (09/21/2020) ordered a new 45FB toy hauler from LUXE. I’ve researched them extensively and rode up to their private show in Hershey last weekend to view and preview this model firsthand and was extremely impressed. They modified the 44FB floor plan by reducing the garage from 13’ to10’—adding 3’ to the living area making a huge improvement of same. I carry a Harley (or two) and there is sufficient space for two. Cabinets (all dovetail corners and soft close) and all trim are solid wood and equal in quality to the Class A Tiffin Phaton that we just sold (great unit also). The est dry weight is 19700#, max est hitch wgt is 4550# for a total GVWR of 24000#. I opted for the Morryde IS (independent) suspension and Gen-Y Hitch Pin, and will be putting a new BD5 air suspension hitch in the truck. My truck is a new GMC 3500HD Duelly w/Allison tranny. The new GMC sports 450HP from the factory and plenty of torque to tote the load. All of the different reps and RV’ers I’ve talked with say this total combination is the way to go and should be a smooth ride. I opted for this chassis and hitch combo as the smother the ride—the less wear and tear on the coach—it’s a pricy combo of options with about a $10K combined price but worth it tome!! The coach comes with hydronic brakes so stopping should not be a problem..... I’ll give a update in about 10 weeks as to the “REALITY” of it all!!��
BarneyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:19 PM   #37

NH makes a Summit which tows very well with our 17 F350. We've gone to Alaska and don't have a issue with the pairing.
mjdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:04 AM   #38

Evergreen Owners Club
Smile New owner on August 17, 2020

We are proud new owners of a Luxe 42RL. Model year 2021. We love it! When we went to pick it up on the 17th we ended up staying until the 21st. Plugged in on their electricity and water at no expense. There were just little things that they had to wait on from their vendors since Co-vid has interrupted the supply chain so badly. We have a 2019 F 350 and it handles it like a dream. Finally on Friday our camera system came so they could install it. This coach pulls great! Empty wt of 20,000 and max wt of 24,000. I am adding Centramatic wheel balancers to all 6 tires. They will be here this week. There is a 7 minute video on the Luxe site on Youtube that is MY trailer. It is titled Personalized. It is beautiful beyond compare!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:44 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I need some help. I bought a mid year 2018 38FB in excellent condition, with the only thing not installed was the dinette table. The original owners did not want it installed, but did receive the table top and leaves, but not the middle metal brace, or the two wood extension brackets.
Three week into trying to get help from RV Factory and Certified RV Repair LLC with promises of call backs but no action.
I’m just looking for model #, manufacture name, anything to help me return the unit to original specs. Don’t want warranty work. Willing to pay and ship if I can find something.
Anyone have ideas? Name of people that will really call back?

I love my unit. It’s well built and beautiful. I’m not complaining, I just need help.
Steve6522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:54 PM   #40

Evergreen Owners Club
We picked up our Luxe Elite 42RL on the 17th of August 2020. We ordered in February and then the plant was shut down for covid in March and April. We love this coach! It is very solid and trails and pulls extremely well. We pull with a 2019 F350 dually 14K GVRW. Last year in the park we stayed for 5 months there was a NH 2018 MY and it was pulled by an F350 dually so I am VERY doubtful that NH is heavier built. Our coach is 44 ft and triple axle IS suspension. Full 30 residential range and residential fridge. 4 slides. I can open both fridge doors fully with the slides in. Bathroom is fully accessible with all slides in. I researched and talked with factory reps many many times before pulling the trigger. We stayed 5 full days hooked up at the factory while they had to wait for vendors to send the cameras. They bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. The wife decided that I needed the Wineguard Trav'ler automatic satellite system. They installed it in just a couple hours because all their coaches are pre-wired for ALL options that they offer. This coach is awesome. They even made me a personal 7 minute walk thru video of my very coach that you can see on YouTube if you search for Luxe videos. I have owned 5 other trailers from different companies all purchased new by me. None of them hold a candle compared to the quality of this fine coach. I am sure this is the last one I will buy. It will last me until I am no longer able to enjoy it.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:58 PM   #41

Evergreen Owners Club
Call the RV Factory and dial ext 102. This will be Pete. He is the plant mgr. I am sure he will be able to help you.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:17 PM   #42

I'm going to be ordering my luxe 48fb in May. Do any of you newer model folks know the details of the 5yr warranty, from what I've read, its the standard Pin to bumper for 1 yr then a bunch of stuff I've already got like rd side assistance stuff . I'd be happy with the Year because ill wear them out with tweaking like any other coach I've had, I'm just wondering if the 5yr warranty thing is just a sales gimmick, surely they don't warranty it for 5yrs.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote