Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #1

RV furniture peeling after only 3 years. Cant be repaired since it bonded vinyl..

What kind of double recliner and sofa have you had good luck with? We have a 43ft 5th wheel.
Tgroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2019, 08:05 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
One name: La-Z-Boy.

Had our first set over 20 years. The fabric I chose wore like iron & it looked barely used when I donated it after I redecorated. Bought LZB again. Best part is the backs come off for ease of getting in through an RV door.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:16 PM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Our theater seating is Thomas Payne "bonded leather" which is just crap. We replaced the dreaded recliners that came with our rig about 6 months after taking delivery.
We have gotten 4 years out if before the only the seats started cracking and now close to pealing.
Cloth was not available and would have been a nice option for an otherwise great seating situation.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:53 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree 100%, Lazy Boy. It is more expensive but every time I've bought one its been a great product, long quality life.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:50 AM   #5

Braddandhall.com is a good source for rv furniture. We found them very helpful when we replaced a dinette in our trailer with a really nice Flexsteel Easy Bed couch.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:52 AM   #6

No bonded leather of any kind is any good.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:23 AM   #7

My Lazy Boy peeled on one recliner on the top half after 3 years and I had to buy a new cover from Lazyboy and have it replaced to match cost $400 by the time I bought it and had an upholstery replace. Lazy boys aren't what they used to be. I wouldn't buy a Lazyboy again, you can get nice recliners for 2/3 less.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #8

GF got RecPro furniture for her 5th wheel. It's modular so you can out together what ever shape style you want. Example she got 5 pieces. 4 recline wall hugger and a middle piece doesn't recline. The back cushions fold down to make a side table with cup holders. Backs come off for easy install and they hook together at the base to help keep from walking around. We have had them in for a year with regular use and hold up well. Vey comfortable to sit and recline in but do cause a bit of sweaty back sometime. Frame is sturdy and we'll see how well it lasts. Lots of good reviews.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:07 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have bought 3 LazyBoy recliners over the last 10 years and all of them creak and pop with each rock. The fabric has not held up either and when the foot rest is extended they recline fully rather than allow you to be at least partially sitting up. I will not by another. I think they used to be well made but I think Flexsteele is better now.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:32 AM   #10

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Most leather on todays cheap furniture is very poor quality if leather at all. Unless you pay $$$ for Natuzzi you'll probably have a poor performing leather.
We have Ekornes Stressless Danish in our stick home. Over 10 years old the leather is still beautiful. But I'm not putting $10k furniture in a $70k RV.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
Most leather on todays cheap furniture is very poor quality if leather at all. Unless you pay $$$ for Natuzzi you'll probably have a poor performing leather.
We have Ekornes Stressless Danish in our stick home. Over 10 years old the leather is still beautiful. But I'm not putting $10k furniture in a $70k RV.
We dont want to do that either.
Tgroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Stay away from bonded leather at all costs. We replaced ours with a set from Rec Pro and are very happy with it.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #13
JDT

We found a La-Z-Boy love seat and couch at a local furniture store. Both ends of the couch and both sides of the love seat recline. Ours is fabric instead of leather, which I much prefer and is very comfortable. The backs came off both pieces which made getting them in the door not an issue. We've had them for about 3 years now and they show no sign of wear. That is with 3 to 4 months of use each year.
JDT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #14

KZ RV Club
I won’t denigrate LazyBoy based on my experience but will state that many of their salespeople do not have accurate information as to the leather used on their products. I was happy with a microfiber sectional performed. I initially just trusted the salesman when he said “premium leather” was used on the two recliners I purchased. Just note that they can legally claim leather if the product contains 17% leather. The manufacturers of this faux leather go to great lengths to hide things buy pressing texture onto surface and making the back look like the back of leather. As an attorney, I researched this a great deal after having the finish come off my recliner. Ultimately, lazyboy picked up the recliners and refunded price paid along with sales tax 18 months after purchase. My main point is if you want leather make sure you get something in writing stating full grain or top grain leather. I found this was not limited to lazyboy but saw same disinformation from various retailers. Regards Ron
baranski37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, furniture, repair, vinyl