Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2020, 11:58 AM   #1

Rv mattress

Any ideas on a good place to look for a new mattress
Gjohn1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2020, 12:19 PM   #2

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjohn1212 View Post
Any ideas on a good place to look for a new mattress
I bought ours at the rv dealer. They had it brand new in their parts dept.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #3

Is there something special with the one you have?........If not, figure out what size you need and google mattress sizes and go shopping.....RV dealers are expensive.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:47 PM   #4

Amazon's had our Denver mattress. Exactly same one that came in our 2013 Crossroads Rushmore. I sleep great. Just to wait one day to let the foam expand.
ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #5

Replacement mattress

I slept on my New RV mattress once, hated it, then got the Zinus 8 inch thick, RV Queen to replace it. I didn’t want it too thick so I didn’t have to scoot up too high to get on the bed. I find it very comfortable and it was at a reasonable price. As another wrote in another recent mattress discussion on this forum, get the 8”, or 10” Zinus, available on Amazon, If you already got a new mattress then great, for others looking here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Deluxe-...433230&sr=8-14
stratoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:51 PM   #6

I am planning on getting a residential mattress from Sam's Club when I need one.

Get this - we bought a mattress from Camping World and lived it. I woke up one morning thinking I was in my bed at my house...but was on the mattress from Camping World.

Forward 4 years. We need a new mattress in our 5th wheel now. We get the same mattress name from Camping World. This mattress was not good. Ended up getting a residential mattress.

In looking at Flagstaff/Rockwood trailers I am seeing a higher quality mattress in their trailers. I doubt I would replace it if I end up with one of their trailers.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #7

We just got a mattress in a box delivered and we really like it.

https://www.nectarsleep.com/
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:57 PM   #8
JDT

We tried to get used to the Serta that came with our new Pinnacle. No dice for the wife. I ordered a Sealy Cocoon 10 inch from Costco. All is well now.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
We just upgraded to a Sealy mattress in a box.
600 + coils with memory foam top, 10". Absolutely love it.
Close out at Fred Meyer, $349.
Bonus, the hard plastic clamshell box with wheels/handle it came with fits in the basement perfectly.
Sweet Dreams here!!!
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:09 PM   #10

Replacement Mattress

I purchased a mattress at mattressinsider.com almost 2 years ago ago, pocket coil spring . It has held up very well so far after 11 months of use so far . Very accommodating and knowledgeable as well as warranty . I highly recommend checking them out ! Did I mention comfy too ?
Ol Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #11

Another plug for the Zinus 8 inch mattress on Amazon. Given I am 6'2", the RV mattress was tossed right away, an extension underlayment board added, and the Zinus purchased. Was cheap, and one of the most comfortable mattresses I have used. The DGF agrees.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Teledoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:52 PM   #12

Upgraded to a sleep number. Never going back. Have king at home, queen in the RV. I do let some air out if we are going to climb more than about 500' during the day. I do this with the power off so it does not refill. I have two quick release valves to let some air out quickly. Refilling is just a few buttons to push.
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #13

Lippert has Thomas Payne Queen mattress on sale in a box for $399.
Garyp4951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:31 AM   #14

Cal king Purple 2. Fits perfectly, slightly longer than the original RV mattress but same exact 72" width. I had to add more support to the center bar, no big deal.
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress