Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #1

RV SnapPads

Has anyone used these and would recommend it?

We have a 2019 Cougar 315 RLS and thinking about adding them
jcholt7379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2019, 12:47 PM   #2

Yes, I put them on my rear Jack's. Really like that I don't have to put anything under them. Work well. I use Andersen Jack blocks on the front legs so don't need them in front.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #3

What’s their purpose?
Tdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:16 PM   #4

RV SnapPads

I put them on all six of the hydraulic leveling jacks on our Montana. They provide a wider footprint for the jacks to help prevent them from sinking into the earth or hot asphalt and since they stay on the jacks very securely we normally do not have to mess with any other blocks. They make setting up a little easier and faster, too. I recommend them.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:34 PM   #5

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher003 View Post
I put them on all six of the hydraulic leveling jacks on our Montana. They provide a wider footprint for the jacks to help prevent them from sinking into the earth or hot asphalt and since they stay on the jacks very securely we normally do not have to mess with any other blocks. They make setting up a little easier and faster, too. I recommend them.

I looked into them. Very pricey. Also they really don't increase your footprint as much as you need on really soft surfaces if your trailer weight is over 12K. Mine weighs 16.5K. I had 14X14 blocks sawed from 1 1/4 inch plywood and then sprayed them with undercoating spray. Over twice the area of Snap Pads and cost me nothing.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I put them on my motorhome that I had before and really liked them. They do give you a bigger foot print. I did not sink in as before in wet sites. I just traded my MH and will put them on the new one.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdave View Post
What’s their purpose?
I originally got them about 2 years ago after going to a large number of parks with rules against bare jacks contacting their pavement/asphalt. Not sure that I like them but it beats crawling under the rv to position pads or planks under the jacks.
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:01 PM   #8

I have them on all six legs. I've used them for about 5 years now. I love them! I did lose one coming home from Galveston SP a year ago, but I retraced my route and found the thing sitting in the middle of the bridge! That was on Highway 6, not the causeway! There wouldn't have been a chance in Hades of me trying to recover it on that one! The metal pad was still attached to the RV SnapPad. The bolt that attached the metal foot from the bottom had worked its way out and it laid 2 inches from it on the pavement. At the moment I got out to get it, a car runs over it, but there was no damage! When I got back to the storage unit, reattached it and checked the other legs to make sure the bolts were tight. They won't let the legs slide on concrete and I like that.
dieselhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
I looked into them. Very pricey. Also they really don't increase your footprint as much as you need on really soft surfaces if your trailer weight is over 12K. Mine weighs 16.5K. I had 14X14 blocks sawed from 1 1/4 inch plywood and then sprayed them with undercoating spray. Over twice the area of Snap Pads and cost me nothing.

Our Montana gross weight is 16.3K. Real-time trip ready weight for a long trip was 14,282 at the CAT scales, so we are not a lightweight. Have never had a problem with the snap pads sinking into hot asphalt or wet earth and like I said, it beats the hassle of positioning and retrieving other blocks. To each his own, eh? Totally agree they are pricy.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #10
Community Moderator

We use these on the Road Warrior, and it weighs in at around 21K. The pads are made from recycled tires, not only do they increase the foot print, though a small amount, they make it easier to set up. We have used these since April 2018 and do like them.
If I remember a set of 6 for us was around $160 or so, to me not too bad on the cost side
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #11

Howdy!

We fulltime and I installed them on my Cyclone TH six jacks a couple of years ago. Wish I would have done it sooner. They work great. No more need for wooden bocks.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:29 PM   #12

I have a very heavy Class A Diesel. Have Snap pads on all 4 jacks. Like them a lot. Don’t have to crawl under to place them or retrieve them nor have to use up storage when traveling since they stay attached when jacks are up. They do make a little bigger footprint and I have never had them sink into the grass or slip on concrete. They aren’t cheep ( nothing in RVing is) but not that expensive either and in my opinion well worth the price.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:24 PM   #13
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
OK I'm gonna be the spoiler here. I used blocks under my levelers not to increase the foot print but to shorten the extension of the jacks. This increased the stabilty/shaking of the fifth wheel tremendously. There is no way I was paying almost $200.00 for $20 dollars worth of rubber that won't help the issue I intended to solve. They won't fit on my class A so I have no opinion there but if they did they could be useful.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
OK I'm gonna be the spoiler here. I used blocks under my levelers not to increase the foot print but to shorten the extension of the jacks. This increased the stabilty/shaking of the fifth wheel tremendously. There is no way I was paying almost $200.00 for $20 dollars worth of rubber .....
Can I be a spoiler too?

When my MH was new to me the the previous owner had sandwiched dimensional lumber between plywood. Works great but I do have to bend over.

I also hear how boats are expensive like RVs. So sop; buying expensive stuff you do not need.