Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2017, 08:10 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot65 View Post
Please direct me to the DRV owners' forum here, can't find it. Looked under Thor too.

****, now I don't know what to buy.
Here ya go....

https://suitesownersinternationaltra...vbulletin.net/

I don't think our experience with DRV is the norm, just be aware they do have a lemon every once in a while. If you like the product, buy one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #100

Thor forums have a DRV section and there is 5th wheel forums with a DRV section.
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Explorers View Post
Not sure if its open to non-owners, but here's a link:

https://suitesownersinternationaltra...vbulletin.net/

We're glad we bought our Mobile Suites. Had another high end 5th wheel prior and it was a disaster for us. To top it all off, the company went out of business.

Say what you will about Thor, but you won't have to worry about DRV disappearing on you.

Happy trails,
I wasn't able to follow this link, but your comments seem echoed by others on this thread. I'm probably going to go with a 2018 Elite Suites Memphis, fiberglass roof.

Interesting, the stock rubber roof has a 10 year warranty while the fiberglass only one year. According to Alica at Rolling Retreats.

Thanks for all the comments, will post progress here.
Patriot65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #102

Quote:
I wasn't able to follow this link, but your comments seem echoed by others on this thread. I'm probably going to go with a 2018 Elite Suites Memphis, fiberglass roof.

Interesting, the stock rubber roof has a 10 year warranty while the fiberglass only one year. According to Alica at Rolling Retreats.

Thanks for all the comments, will post progress here.
At the TIME 1/8/2015 we met with Alicia to order our Elite but decided on a MS with the Elite items we wanted. She advised against the fiberglass roof as they had some issues AT THAT TIME. Rubber roof and I am good with that! Had 5 now with ZERO issues.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #103

I believe complaints against a fiberglass roof originally stem from that it was a 2-piece install and there were problems with the one seam area. I also think the roof is now a 1-piece item and the only note about one I remember is that it is slick to walk on.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #104

Placed Order Today

I placed an order today for a 44 foot Memphis Elite, with a bunch of stuff put on and taken off at the advice of Alicia from Rolling Retreats. The only loose end appears to be solar panels and the controller, and I need to do research on the exact models I want.

I am getting the 2-inch risers, and apparently, the factory will only equip with 8K axles (not 9K). The GVWR of 24000 is just fine with that I guess and certainly not a deal breaker.

I am very satisfied so far with the knowledge and advice offered by this dealer. She's friendly, biased towards the customer and obviously a very easy person to deal with. Unlike me.

More importantly to me, I have made not only a decision for which fifth wheel to buy, (no small feat). But I have decided to end my career and start anew in a totally different living situation and direction. I have had a lot of trouble making this decision, to move on to another stage. To take this step.

I am happy for this tonight. Even though I see it all as a difficult and somewhat melancholic decision. My identity was in part my career, but my clock continues to click and I know I need to stop working.

Now I can't wait until September first when my unit will be ready in Oklahoma. Thanks for the advice here.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #105

Outstanding! Good luck and good "camping!"
Old 03-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #106

Quote:
I placed an order today for a 44 foot Memphis Elite, with a bunch of stuff put on and taken off at the advice of Alicia from Rolling Retreats. The only loose end appears to be solar panels and the controller, and I need to do research on the exact models I want.

I am getting the 2-inch risers, and apparently, the factory will only equip with 8K axles (not 9K). The GVWR of 24000 is just fine with that I guess and certainly not a deal breaker.

I am very satisfied so far with the knowledge and advice offered by this dealer. She's friendly, biased towards the customer and obviously a very easy person to deal with. Unlike me.

More importantly to me, I have made not only a decision for which fifth wheel to buy, (no small feat). But I have decided to end my career and start anew in a totally different living situation and direction. I have had a lot of trouble making this decision, to move on to another stage. To take this step.

I am happy for this tonight. Even though I see it all as a difficult and somewhat melancholic decision. My identity was in part my career, but my clock continues to click and I know I need to stop working.

Now I can't wait until September first when my unit will be ready in Oklahoma. Thanks for the advice here.

Good call! Alicia will take good care of you and her Husband Slade will make all the little things golden!

I assume your rig will be three axle. You will have WAY more axle capacity than needed!

Tell her Hi from R&T with the 2016 39TKSB3 and tell her she owes me another good Mexicam dinner, she will understand.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:27 AM   #107

Quote:

Congratulations! I hope you have your new order is as trouble free as ours is and that your new adventure in life will be one with happiness and fulfillment. Good Luck and God speed!

2017 F 350, Bronze Fire, King Ranch Ulitmate
[SIGPIC]https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic204267_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Wolffox00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #108

Try a DRV with the cold weather package. Go to DRV web site and read the reviews they have about the cold weather.
rockettour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #109

We just put money on a DRV Memphis 44 this week, and also got a 2016 F350 4 dr 4X4 Duelly we are thrilled.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:59 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockettour View Post
We just put money on a DRV Memphis 44 this week, and also got a 2016 F350 4 dr 4X4 Duelly we are thrilled.
Congrats!

If you don't have them plan on adding air bags.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:06 AM   #111

Deal fell through for my Memphis order, so I'm still looking.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:24 AM   #112

What are you saying, truck needs air bags?? Does the DRV 20,000 K make rear of the truck go down? Thanks

Tags
purchase