Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot65 View Post
Deal fell through for my Memphis order, so I'm still looking.
What does that mean?
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockettour View Post
What are you saying, truck needs air bags?? Does the DRV 20,000 K make rear of the truck go down? Thanks

Just letting you know every 350/450 Ford 2016 or earlier I met up with at the factory last year had to add air bags. The 17's are a different animal and don't seem to need bags.

To answer your question specifically, YES.Not sure where you came up with 20K for your 44' Memphis but reality is it will be much more than that loaded.

My 39TKSB3 weighs 23K with 25% pin weight. Your RV most likely will weigh at least that but pin % should be a bit less since it's a triple axle.
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #115

My 14k lb 5er will drop the rear end on my '14 DRW Ram... least till the overloads pickup some of the weight
chertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:01 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
What does that mean?
It means that the deal I made for a 2017 DRV Elite Memphis is cancelled. I still intend to buy this year, but now I want to look at 2018 models and pricing. I may buy a 2017 holdover off a lot somewhere, but I'm not going to spend $165K on an order with limited contact from the dealer when I try to refine the purchase.
Patriot65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #117

Patriot65,
You were working with Rolling Retreats? Doesn't sound like their normal good service...
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:08 AM   #118

Maybe I need more than 24K hitch? Thanks P.S. I have has three class A one 39' and two 45' so have never had or pulled a fifth wheel.
rockettour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:50 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Patriot65,
You were working with Rolling Retreats? Doesn't sound like their normal good service...
Not pointing any fingers.

This is a business decision and I just need to feel comfortable paying this much money. I want to see the 2018 models. Might as well because I've decided to delay retirement until at least Sep 1.

I suspect come fall, there might be a 2018 or two I might be interested in. I plan on heading to the midwest/west to do some pheasant hunting with my springer spaniel. Then further west and south in winter for chukar and quail.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #120

I can easily understand your position--it is a LOT of money and it is YOUR money. Hope you find something that works for you.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:02 AM   #121

Congrats on the truck; we know the feeling. Bought a 2015 Forest River Sandpiper, then the Mea Cab RAM 3500 Longhorn...sooooo excited. Again, congrats, enjoy!
Old 04-15-2017, 07:20 AM   #122

Got The 3500 RAM Dually Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz30 View Post
Congrats on the truck; we know the feeling. Bought a 2015 Forest River Sandpiper, then the Mea Cab RAM 3500 Longhorn...sooooo excited. Again, congrats, enjoy!
What an incredible truck this is, the Dodge RAM 3500 Laramie dually with 6.7 Cummings diesel and a ton of electronic, navigational and utility equipment. Just an amazing machine.

Now I have to find something to pull behind it. A nice new DRV Elite would fit the bill, but not interested in placing an order now. Dealers want too much money for a custom order.

I plan to buy something in stock either at the Hershey RV show in September, or as I watch stock on various websites. Rolling Retreats remains an option as does RVforless.net, but they want too much money to place an order.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #123

Congrats on the truck! Mine is Pearl White with tan/brown interior (also a Laramie). What color did you get?
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:09 AM   #124

Good Luck locating your RV. When is the Hersey Show?

My Bride and I added a bunch of the "10 things you need when Rving", oh my we have purchased more like the 100 things...

We have had the RV since 2-2-17 and havenn't set on our first trip. Heading out May for to Mrytle Beach for our mini-trip, then off in June for the East to West coast extented travel.

We are taking it to have some upgrades and further inspection prior to the trip. Soooo my point...it took some time, be patient. Time to get the RV, the truck, upgrades, and necessities ($$$$-hungry).
Habe Your Best Day Ever!
Raz30
Old 04-18-2017, 06:10 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNCJ View Post
Congrats on the truck! Mine is Pearl White with tan/brown interior (also a Laramie). What color did you get?
I got a dark blue one, I think they call it Winter Blue or something. One tone, with dark grey leather buckets up front, full crew cab and long bed. Barely fits in my garage.

One bright spot, I can turn the radio on! Seriously, it is loaded with tech and I will probably opt for the Connect subscription minus the hotspot option better handled by my cell. I'm still discovering other goodies in this unit and have to force myself to go in the house...

This is a very nice truck. Very comfortable and not at all intimidating to drive. My Tundra took potholes better, but it was puny compared to this beast. I love it.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz30 View Post
Good Luck locating your RV. When is the Hersey Show?

My Bride and I added a bunch of the "10 things you need when Rving", oh my we have purchased more like the 100 things...

We have had the RV since 2-2-17 and havenn't set on our first trip. Heading out May for to Mrytle Beach for our mini-trip, then off in June for the East to West coast extented travel.

We are taking it to have some upgrades and further inspection prior to the trip. Soooo my point...it took some time, be patient. Time to get the RV, the truck, upgrades, and necessities ($$$$-hungry).
Habe Your Best Day Ever!
Raz30
What a cool post.

So the truck is in hand now and I'm hungry to make a deal. I've been in contact with Ernie from All Seasons RV and have gotten a very reasonable quote compared to 4 other quotes, about $2K less than the nearest competitor for the same rig.

I know nothing about All Seasons other than they must be interested in customer satisfaction, and I will always have DRV to fall back on should there be warranty disputes. I understand DRV has a good reputation and anyways, I am not difficult to please. The minor stuff in life is just not something that bothers me. The quote is for the 2018 DRV Elite Memphis 43 with multiple options changed out or added, my original planned rig after considering the premium priced New Horizon rigs. I never see prices here so I will quote my range. $160K or so, still with solar and other electronics to buy.

I can't have this RV (or any other) here in February without renting indoor storage or constructing an RV port for protection from the brutal northern Maine winter. I do see fifth wheels sitting under tarps or plastic wrapped, but I would worry about moisture and rot. Perhaps more than most the seasons will dictate my southern migration.

This puts me at a crossroad. I need to give 3 months notice at work, a contracted reality. Ernie tells me DRV takes 2 weeks off in July messing up production, and units are 14 weeks out now. If I order now, I could hit my planned retirement date of Sep 1. (Superseding the previous 20 retirement dates.)

Good luck with Myrtle Beach and heading west. My plan is to hit pheasant season in Iowa, Nebraska and perhaps other states. I want to continue on West for chukar and mountain grouse until the snow drives me south, wintering the first year in Arizona or nearby.

Are you going slow or on a schedule? Which route, or no plans?

Tags
purchase