Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartist View Post
This is just a general question that might help newbies.
After you buy your new Fifth Wheel and you take it back in to be serviced and the job didn't get fixed. Should you: 1. take the trip and take it back down to be fixed. 2. Since they didn't get it fixed the first time;having the rv for three months, so now you have to spend the gas and time travel, should they pay for the gas? 3. How would you handle this situation?
Before I answer what I would do, I have a question or 2.
When you picked up your 5th wheel, did you check before leaving the facility that the job was done and done right?
Have you called them and spoken the the facility manager to explain your displeasure?
Is this a warranty issue that is paid for by them or out of your pocket?
I think with answers to these questions, we could offer a bit more help?

We're not perfect by any means but both Dutch & I go over any job done by someone else with a fine tuned comb before heading out. That said, we did had a "fix" that worked when we left [2 years ago] but later the same problem showed up again. We had paid for the work out of pocket and did have it done at a Camping World. Because we were over 1,000 miles away, I called them, explained the situation and told them there was a CW very close to where we were traveling. They called the new CW, made an appointment for us and this time it was fixed at no charge to us. They billed the 1st CW. Hugs, Di
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #16

I am new here, As that being said: I would like to know how to clean my 5th wheel hitch from grease so i can put new grease. Is there a product to get to use or a high presure hose to take off old grease?
And if this is not where i can post this kind of question , please tell me where ?

Thanks
Clancy2674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy2674 View Post
I am new here, As that being said: I would like to know how to clean my 5th wheel hitch from grease so i can put new grease. Is there a product to get to use or a high presure hose to take off old grease?
And if this is not where i can post this kind of question , please tell me where ?

Thanks
Depends on how fastidious you are. I use a polyethelene plate between the pin box and 5th wheel and only lube the kingpin and hitch jaws. When they need cleaning or I want to apply fresh grease, I wipe them down with disposable shop towels and re-apply.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
I don't have that problem. I can't afford a new unit or to pay for someone else to fix it...
I'm with you used camper used truck self mechanic, self handyman, etc. Just the way it is
clightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service