Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #1

I am tired of fighting sewer hose hookups, what is the easiest system to use?
jreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #2

I am tired of fighting sewer hose hookups, what is the easiest system to use?
jreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
not sure who makes mine. but its red with a fitting that threads into teh 4" ground pipe and then my 90 degree elbow pops in it and stays hooked up till you yank it out. no bricks or rocks. and i have a slunky thing to keep it off the ground and ramped towards teh sewer hook up. at the rv end we have a clear 40 degree or so hookeup. and a clear one with a hose thingy to blast water back up to flush teh big pipes.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I think 'powerboatr' is talking about the Valterra system which I also like. Bayonet fittings on both ends of each hose give a positive fit and the part that fits into the campground connection also is bayonet fitted. Makes a crappy job a little more bearable than the push or twist on hoses.
Also like having a clear fitting on the trailer end to see when the black tank rinse has done its job.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:49 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
yep thats it
the clear one was sort of weird, at first, but our kitchen tank always shows full and I am deaf as a stump (sometimes)and couldnt here it.
the blank tank has an internal rinser so it does a super good job.

i was wrong about the color its an off greyish red.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides

Old 03-24-2006, 04:43 AM   #6

I too was tired of the huge "brown fountain" hoses that took up too much room to store and constantly needing replacing due to leaking and hard to clean and .... and.... on and on. After doing this for 35 years I finally saw something weird on a guys waste hookup. It is called the Sewer Solution. I watched him use it and knew I had to have one. I have now used it for two years and love it. It is a little slower to use, but the benefits are great. It is clean, stores in a very small space. You do not need a slinky with it - - it will pump waste uphill about two feet. You can run over the hose and not hurt it. It comes with an adapter for tight fit in 3" or 4" fittings. I think the best part is how clean and neat the whole thing is - - it cleans itself and can be used in some rigs as a tank clean out. It comes as a ten foot setup with additional lengths of ten feet available that are quickly attached. I keep one ten foot normal sewer hose for using at dump sites. Here is the website.

http://www.sewersolution.com/

Bob
Old 03-24-2006, 05:38 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
does that sewer solution provide suction, to evacuate teh tank ?
i have seen em but never paid em any mind. I am looking at it toady with a bit more interest. thanks

Old 03-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by powerboatr:
does that sewer solution provide suction, to evacuate teh tank ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
NO. The initial flow into the head of the hose is still gravity. However, it uses water pressure to break up solids and push them down the hose. Since the hose is 1-1/4", solids must be reduced to go down the hose. Since the whole process is being driven by water, that same water flushes and washes the setup. The direction of the water jet can be changed to drive up the pipe into the holding tank on some rigs providing a flush of the bottom of the tank.
Bob
Old 03-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #9
nps

On another thread a member posted that they liked the sewer solution, but only used it when at home to pump over to a septic cleanout. Claimed that the sewer solution did not create enough of a flow rush to wash out paper from the black tank. After the tank sensors started reading full all the time, a lot of effort was required to wand out the black tank after the buildup.

Seems that if you have a black tank flusher then this would not be an issue. No first hand experience with it myself.
nps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nps:
Claimed that the sewer solution did not create enough of a flow rush to wash out paper from the black tank.
Seems that if you have a black tank flusher then this would not be an issue. No first hand experience with it myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I use my Sewer Solution exclusively when hooked up. As you say, the flush helps, and a good pail of water down the toilet after the tank seems empty always helps, no matter what hose you are using. I have used it for two years and am extremely happy with the results and convenience and cleanliness.
Bob
Old 04-25-2006, 08:08 AM   #11

I use my sewer solution when ever I can. If we have had to use the old dump hoses at a dump station in the recent past, I will use the back flush feature of the sewer solution to flush the tank. In our rig I have had to add a 45 degree clear plastic fitting to the suction side of the sewer solution. In this way I can judge what is being drained. Usually the color changes to near water color and bits of toilet paper are flushed out.
Retired Navy. 2001 Quad Cab 2500 Auto w/4:10 rear end. PRXB Pac Brake. Miller Manufacturing Truck Bed Cover and Rigged to tow a 1995 29' Automate 5th wheel with 1 slide out
cwsoules is offline   Reply With Quote