Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #1

I have a 2001 Laredo. When we tow, no matter the roads, everything in the trailer gets all shook up. Any thoughts on MorRyde, including cost?
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #2

I have a 2001 Laredo. When we tow, no matter the roads, everything in the trailer gets all shook up. Any thoughts on MorRyde, including cost?
Thanks
Old 05-24-2005, 11:43 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Have the wheels been balanced? Does your trailer have shock absorbers and if not have you considered adding them?

Very rarely does things move around in my 5er, when they do it's usually attributable to large bumps, sharp curves, etc.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #4

I have thought of shocks, but don't know where I would find out how to mount them etc.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #5

You need to know what axles you have. If they are Dexter's, you can order the shock kits online. Not sure about others, but I'd be willing to bet you could.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #6

I don't know the prices, but the Mor/Ryde axles and 5er hitch pin are really great. We just bought a 2005 Grand Junction with both these Mor/Ryde products, towing is much smoother, without the jerking and bucking we were used to with our previous 5er that had the usual spring suspension and solid pin box. The Mor/Ryde system uses shocks to dampen movment. Contact a RV parts store and inquire about a shock kit; be prepared to give them your axle numbers from the metal bands around each axle.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #7

.....bent rim beacuse of cornering or beat axel.....geofkaye
Old 05-25-2005, 06:42 AM   #8

Sounds like something is wrong with the axle if things are that disturbed. Find a local parking area, large lot or other place you can pull it (NOT ON A ROAD) and have someone watch the rig while you pull it to see if it is 'jumping' while in motion ....

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:34 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You may alsoneed to fill the potable water tank to help with ballast and smooth the ride out
Old 06-04-2005, 07:59 AM   #10

I had Mor/Ryde IS and pin box installed this week, drove home and a world of difference. In my opinion I-69 from around Lansing, MI to East of Flint is the worst road in the world, and it handled that beautifully.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:17 PM   #11

an air ride hitch works so good its unreal.
02 chevy 2500hd 4x4 d/a crew cab sb srw,20k easy rider air ride hitch,air lift bags with compressor for bags and hitch,edge ez juce box and hyperchip,jena my girlfriend a 140 lbs french mastiff and a 175 lbs english mastiff. living in an 02 40' trip
kelstr is offline   Reply With Quote