Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2019, 06:22 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
Someone tell me WHY Lippert would give a big thumbs up to Reese (Goose Box) but void the warranty at the near mention of Anderson Ultimate Adapter? We are still talking Goose Ball attachment for both right? What else could be at work to make Lippert discriminate between Reese and Anderson?
Cynicism leads me to believe there is a business relationship between the two.
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2019, 06:40 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadastars View Post
That is not proof of your assertion that Andersen hitches crack overhangs.
I don't believe anyone has stated that Andersen hitches crack overhangs but I did not read every response. Rather that Lippert will honor their warranty only with Reese. I would not be surprised if there is a business relationship between the two. Having owned 3 5th wheels with gooseneck adapters and balls attached to the frame I find this all a lot of hooey. Of course until mine cracks.
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:10 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
I don't believe anyone has stated that Andersen hitches crack overhangs but I did not read every response. Rather that Lippert will honor their warranty only with Reese. I would not be surprised if there is a business relationship between the two. Having owned 3 5th wheels with gooseneck adapters and balls attached to the frame I find this all a lot of hooey. Of course until mine cracks.

Refer to Daycruisers post #28 and I completely agree it is all about $$$. These manufacturers look for any reason to void warranty, or having to pay for their shoddy workmanship or inferior material. Hence only one year and non-transferable compared to buying a new car that is 3 years+ and completely transferable.

I went through it with our Wildcat and FR refusing to pay even a portion for a prematurely fading gray gelcoat front cap. I got tired of being ignored by them and bit the bullet and had it painted automotive base/clear out of my own pocket.
Nevadastars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:50 AM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
If I remember correctly when I called LCI, I was told that adding an adapter on the pin box voided the warranty. When you add a Goosebox you change the pin box.
edfgrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:29 PM   #47

I have a standard 5th wheel hitch on my short bed and it works without issue.
You might want to see if you can try out a standard one before spending extra on a adjustable. My hitch on the 5th wheel does come out the front a bit so that may be why.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:02 AM   #48

OP, To address your question, No you do not automatically need a slider if you tow with a SB. The question is what is the configuration of your 5er. If you have a radiused front profile and and extended pin box, a standard hitch will work fine for you. You will be able to jack knife to 90 degrees if you want. I've had 5 shortbed trucks with 4 different 5ers and have used the same B&W turnover ball on them all. Easy to install and easy to remove. No warranty questions.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:17 PM   #49

From what I've been able to find out about the Lippert issue with Anderson is just this; "Very High Failure Probability Liability" = Voided Lippert Warranty. Anything else is very tight lipped. Take it for what it's worth.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:25 AM   #50

My son just purchased a Montana and a blue ox super ride, he says it’s rides great.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:30 AM   #51

I like my Pullrite auto slider. I just setup a chain hoist to remove from truck and put it on a wheeled pallet for storage.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:41 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGoose View Post
I like my Pullrite auto slider. I just setup a chain hoist to remove from truck and put it on a wheeled pallet for storage.
I did very similar, a harbor freight pulley set up on the beam across the garage door opening running to a small hand winch off to the side that I run with my drill
I also have and love the pullrite auto slider

2006 Keystone Raptor 3712
waterjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlschuma View Post
I have a standard 5th wheel hitch on my short bed and it works without issue.
You might want to see if you can try out a standard one before spending extra on a adjustable. My hitch on the 5th wheel does come out the front a bit so that may be why.
We are in the same boat. When we first started looking we thought we needed a slider, really glad we went with a standard hitch. We do have a Keystone cougar with "Max turning Technology" so that helps but so far we have been on the road for 3 months with zero issues. I can turn about 80 degrees without getting my cab close to the trailer.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:01 PM   #54

Reese sidewinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmit1 View Post
Hello everyone , thinking about upgrading to a 5th wheel … I would prefer not to sacrifice most of my 6.5 truck bed for an automatic slider … is there another option???...Does something like the REESE Revolution pin upgrade preform like an auto slider when used with a standard 5vr hitch
Just what you need

https://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel...e/RP61420.html
welovecrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:59 AM   #55

4,500 miles on our Andersen Ultimate hitch and it performs perfectly. Allows me to turn my truck beyond 90 degrees.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2509.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	562.5 KB
ID:	249204  
AGoodLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:19 AM   #56

Anderson 5th. wheel

Is the Andersen Ultimate hitch a goose neck base? then do you use a Gooseneck-to-5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter. The reese allows for turning the trailer at the back of the pin box not at the pin
welovecrusin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, tow, towing