Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #1

Question Shower Curtain OR Glass Doors???

DW and I getting ready to order a new Solitude 310gk for continuing our Full Time travels.

We can get it with a Shower Curtain and the newer style Curved Rod OR the recently typical Sliding Glass Doors. My wife hates cleaning the gross tracks in which the doors slide and i agree with her. We've seen the Shower Curtain setup and it's very appealing to us. Upon looking at it it's obvious how much easier it would be to keep it clean, plus the added benefit of changing the Shower Curtain for different seasons, holidays, or just diferent color scheme.

Would like to here from sone who have a Shower Curtain and your experiences with it.

What say Y'all???

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2019, 04:02 PM   #2

Curtain. Hated cleaning the glass doors and tracks.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #3

Previous owner replaced the glass doors with this and we love it.

https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-STROM...er+curtain+rod

Old 01-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #4

Just appears to my wife and I that the shower would stay so much cleaner...plus it gives you a lot more elbow room!!!

Old 01-21-2019, 09:54 PM   #5

Please offer opinions if you have had shower curtains in your rv...thanks

Old 01-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
Please offer opinions if you have had shower curtains in your rv...thanks
We have the articulating rod shower curtain...pictured above. It provides a lot of elbow room and fold up out of the way when not in use. We like it better than a track door.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:24 PM   #7

Shower curtain is easy, take it down and throw it in the washing machine after a couple of trips, or throw it away and get another. I spray the shower walls down with Clean Shower (by Church and Dwight, think Arm and Hammer baking soda). Clean Shower is fairly pleasant smelling and non toxic, and seems to prevent soap or mineral buildups.

I also do not use bar soap in the RV, only body wash, as it leaves almost no residue.

Charles
Old 01-22-2019, 09:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Rolling View Post
We have the articulating rod shower curtain...pictured above. It provides a lot of elbow room and fold up out of the way when not in use. We like it better than a track door.

OK, I give, can you post a link to the shower rod?

Charles
Old 01-22-2019, 09:50 PM   #9

Sincerely appreciate everyone's input here! My DW and I really do like the shower curtain as we feel it just looks "cleaner" and more "simple". As most of us have seen, those glass door tracks can get pretty nasty fairly quickly and are virtually impossible to really get clean.

When my wife first brought it up I truly wasn't in favor of the idea, however after really looking at the issue, I'm now "all in"! My DW was right.............again!!!

Old 01-22-2019, 10:21 PM   #10

Glass doors removed before our first trip. Consider a clear curtain. Makes the shower feel much bigger. Also lets you see Anthony Perkins trying to sneak up on you.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post

Charles

This is the one we have-

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-23-2019, 10:08 AM   #12

When the glass doors first came out years ago, both in homes and RV's of all kinds, it appeared that if you had the fancy door in your bathroom, you were "all that AND a bag of chips"! We had em' too and liked them back in the day! Then, it came time to clean them, and after all the years of scraping, cleaning, toothbrushes, and the like, it feels like we've come full circle....at least for us!

As we get older, my DW and I really enjoy keeping things as simple as possible!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post

Charles

See post #3.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
Would like to here from sone who have a Shower Curtain and your experiences with it.
My late wife got stuck in the shower once when the glass door jammed (this was in our s&b house). Fortunately I was home at the time, heard her screams and was able to unjam the door... then replace the broken roller (actually I replaced all four).

Another negative of he glass doors is that you need to keep a squeege in the shower to wipe off the droplets and soap scum from the inside of the glass when you are done with your shower... and if you live in a area with hard water you need to wipe the inside of the door every so often with white vinegar to remove the white deposits.

I much prefer the outward-curved curtain rod and a regular curtain as the combination gives you a deeper shower space...plus when the curtain gets grody you toss it in the washing machine (or pitch it in the trash)... you can get curtains at the 99 cent store... my favorite ones have the aquarium scenes...

Tags
door, doors, shower