Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2022, 05:28 PM   #1

Slide tip out issues

Hi
I have a 2007 Sportsman KZ 2457 fifth wheel. I am having issues with the tip out. The motor turns but appears the gears are not engaged. If I hold up the motor it will engage. I cannot see where any bolts have sheared off or where I can realign the motor. This year when I put the tip out for the first time there was a big tear in the floor also
so I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the tip out. I am a new member so looking forward to learning from everyones' rv-ing experiences.
Thanks.
wavylake is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2022, 05:45 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

You are joining a good group of friends here with good information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add information if you can. Sorry I can't help but I am sure some one will be along to give you an idea or two

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 05:55 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Hopefully someone will be along that can help. BTW, we normally call those "slideouts". ! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:31 PM   #4

Excellent. Thanks.
wavylake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 04:17 AM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to wandering1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavylake View Post
Hi
I have a 2007 Sportsman KZ 2457 fifth wheel. I am having issues with the tip out. The motor turns but appears the gears are not engaged. If I hold up the motor it will engage. I cannot see where any bolts have sheared off or where I can realign the motor. This year when I put the tip out for the first time there was a big tear in the floor also
so I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the tip out. I am a new member so looking forward to learning from everyones' rv-ing experiences.
Thanks.

So what does "tip out" mean???????????
Old 05-29-2022, 05:46 AM   #6

before our modern slide outs we had tip outs....they were small and actually tipped out by hand or a cable system.
They weren't around very long till the modern hand crank/gear/hydraulic slide systems were put in use.....thankfully.
JIMNLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:30 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMNLIN View Post
before our modern slide outs we had tip outs....they were small and actually tipped out by hand or a cable system.
They weren't around very long till the modern hand crank/gear/hydraulic slide systems were put in use.....thankfully.
WOW! I learn something new here everyday! I never knew where that word came from!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:42 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavylake View Post
Hi
I have a 2007 Sportsman KZ 2457 fifth wheel. I am having issues with the tip out. The motor turns but appears the gears are not engaged. If I hold up the motor it will engage.
Define "If I hold up the motor", please? Do you mean actually reach in and hold the motor with your hand?
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote