Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2023, 05:41 PM   #1

Slide wiper seals

I was cleaning my 5'er today and noticed the wiper seals on the slides are starting to come apart. I have looked on line and this looks like a job I could do.. I am going to measure the width of them and figure how long they are. I have 2 slides in the living room/kitchen area and one bedroom slide(bed). I couldn't figure out they were installed until I looked at the ones on line. I have seen where people put pieces of plastic on the slide to make the wiper work correctly, are they worth putting on. Looking for advice from those that have done it and suppliers where I might be able to by all I need in one roll. The ones on my rig are the ones with the rubber screw cover that snaps in place once they are installed...they don't slide or snap in....

2015 Chevy 2500HD 4x4,2008 Crossroads Cruiser M29CK, 2008 HD Ultra Classic Trike
pddgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2023, 06:56 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pddgm View Post
I was cleaning my 5'er today and noticed the wiper seals on the slides are starting to come apart. I have looked on line and this looks like a job I could do.. I am going to measure the width of them and figure how long they are. I have 2 slides in the living room/kitchen area and one bedroom slide(bed). I couldn't figure out they were installed until I looked at the ones on line. I have seen where people put pieces of plastic on the slide to make the wiper work correctly, are they worth putting on. Looking for advice from those that have done it and suppliers where I might be able to by all I need in one roll. The ones on my rig are the ones with the rubber screw cover that snaps in place once they are installed...they don't slide or snap in....
Look for Steele RV Weatherstripping Products.
https://www.steelerubber.com/camper-rv
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 11:57 AM   #3

I finally got around to measuring my seals. They measure 3 1/2 in wide and they are a P style. My problem is they are white and I can't find any that are that size and white.. Hate to put black one on since the top and bottom seals are fine..

2015 Chevy 2500HD 4x4,2008 Crossroads Cruiser M29CK, 2008 HD Ultra Classic Trike
Old 02-01-2023, 10:16 AM   #4

I ordered mine from the factory. They were the exact replacement (good or bad...LOL)

The side pieces do work to "encourage" the seals to flip out .
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 02:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaps2018 View Post
I ordered mine from the factory. They were the exact replacement (good or bad...LOL)

The side pieces do work to "encourage" the seals to flip out .
I contacted Crossroads and all they can do is refer an owner to a dealer. Well like everything else, Stealer price is usually way higher than anywhere else. Mine being an 08, most dealers I have called don't have a clue about it at all. Found some on line, and will order the black ones. Difference in white and black seals is over 100 dollars for the same seal..crazy for sure..

Old 02-02-2023, 08:04 AM   #6

Yea, i had that experience with the StarCraft Brand…dealing with the dealer is not a very rewarding experience.

That said, I did find two part white seals (I think that is what you said above) here. They are a reputable seal dealer. https://approducts.net/product-categ...als/slide-out/
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 05:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaps2018 View Post
Yea, i had that experience with the StarCraft Brand…dealing with the dealer is not a very rewarding experience.

That said, I did find two part white seals (I think that is what you said above) here. They are a reputable seal dealer. https://approducts.net/product-categ...als/slide-out/
Thanks for the info. My wiper part of the seal is 2.5 inches long. Just one company makes a white one that long and they are way expensive. I thought about trying a shorter version, but am afraid they won't seal properly.. Again thanks for the lead, but they don't have what I need...

Tags
seal, seals, slide