Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #1

Slideout help

We have had our 2006 Travel Supreme Classic for three years .We are well pleased with it .while working in Oklahoma I noticed the kitchen slide out went out at bottom stopped at top about one inch shy .I was told the silde was of adjustment .what is the correct way to solve this.
Thanks for any help.
Tim B
wilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2016, 05:41 PM   #2

Can you post a pic of your slide tracks? Is it electric or hydraulic?
Old 08-15-2016, 10:09 PM   #3

Check the sprocket off the motor for the slide first, there are 2 Clevis pins on this if one breaks it can cause this or a tooth broke off the sprocket. Could also be the potentiometer. Does it do this every time you open it? Does it close properly? Does it have a clicking sound when you operate it? How big is your slide? Need a little more information please. Without more details it's hard to diagnose the problem accurately. Before you go adjusting something that may not need adjusting.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #4

What I suggest is that you find out who builds your frame... most frame manufactures offer suggestions, video's, and other service ideas on their web site...

My 5er has a Lipert Frame and they offer video's on how the slide works and how to adjust the slides... I've had issues with my slides and after talking to them on the phone and viewing their videos... I see that the tech in the RV shop really was just guessing at how to adjust the slide... after the video... and about 3 hours I was able to start from scratch and adjust mine and then now work better then when we bought the trailer...

In my opinion the extra effort to contact the frame manufacturer has worked for me...
Old 08-16-2016, 06:32 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
For those with Lippert frames, this link will take you to the Lippert App. which covers most of their products.
http://www.lci1.com/mylci
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:36 PM   #6

Your frame they changed around then from in-house built 8" tube frame to the lippert I-beam. So if it 8" tube travel supreme built it if I-Beam Lippert built your frame. Slides don't just get out of alignment all of a sudden by them selves, something had to cause it. Thats what I mean by checking sprocket and tubes first. If I explaned right, maybe not
Old 08-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #7

Here are pictures of slide out mechanis the slide closes completely .When it is opened tight at bottom but has a 1" to 2 gap on top side inside. Thanks for the advice TimClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0827.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	136443

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0829.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	136444
wilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #8

Anyone know who supplies Keystone- Laredo frames?
Kksfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slideout, slide