Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2008, 05:17 AM   #1

The solenoid on my 2001 Wildcat slideout only clicks when it is engaged. I have replaced the switch.Did not help. Everyone tells me there is a fuse between the battery and the motor but I cannot find one. Nor can I find a wiring diagram anywhere. Need to have a pic or drawing of the underneath where the wiring is. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2008, 05:17 AM   #2

The solenoid on my 2001 Wildcat slideout only clicks when it is engaged. I have replaced the switch.Did not help. Everyone tells me there is a fuse between the battery and the motor but I cannot find one. Nor can I find a wiring diagram anywhere. Need to have a pic or drawing of the underneath where the wiring is. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 05:57 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Frank,

First of all, welcome to iRV2.com. We're glad to have you join us.

Have you checked voltage at the slideout drive motor itself? Do you have 12VDC getting to the motor? There's always the possibility that the motor itself could be defective.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #4

Possibility but I do not have a voltage meter. Thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 06:36 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
You may want to pick up an inexpensive test light at an auto parts store so you can find out exactly where you lose power (if you do at all) in the circuit. If you have power at the motor when the switch and relay are activated, then the supply circuitry is doing its job.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
Are your batteries fully charged and have you tried it with the camper plugged in? If your batteries are low you will not have enough juice to run the motor. You may also want to post this on Wildcat Owners Forum. Someone over there may be able to provide you with a wiring diagram.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #7

Sears sells volt/ohm meters starting at less than 20 dollars. Please do yourself a favor and get one. They are invaluable for trouble shooting electrical problems. There is no way to troubleshoot stuff unless you have the proper tools for the job.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #8

Thanks plan to get one tomorrow. FW
Old 03-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #9

Is the solenoid only clicking once when you throw the switch or are you getting a constant loud clicking as long as you hold the switch down?

If so, I had the same problem. I took it to the dealer and they manually extended the slide (part way) then the switch worked. I was cautioned not to allow the clicking noise to go for more than a couple of clicks when the slide was seated in the closed position. Evidentually, the slide can over-run the slide track and become unable to grab a track to start the slide process.

2006 Cougar 289 EFS
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #10

Thanks I will check it out tomorrow. Cold and snowy right now. Sounds like you are the first one with my solution.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #11

Hope the manual crank access is easy to get to on your coach. Mine has the "Polarguard" cover over the whole undercarriage.

I think what they did on mine was put a couple of adjustable wrenches on the bar between the two track bars and moved it that way (hope this makes sense).

2006 Cougar 289 EFS
Old 03-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #12

Today I unscrewed the knob 2 turns and started hand pumping. It pumped 3 times and it was too tight to pump anymore. I bought OHM meter and the motor is good. I also hooked it to the car and I only get one click from the button. I have checked the seal to be sure it is not stuck. Anymore suggestions? Thanks
Old 03-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #13

Hey Bonefish, I took those pictures and uploaded them to the Wal Mart Photo Center. If you will e-mail me at joyfrank821@sbcglobal.net I will send you the link so you can see them. Thanks Frank
Old 03-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #14

If you can't get the slide to open manually and the motor works, it must be binding on something or part of the mechanism is broken.

Did the slide move at all when you cranked it manually?

Frank

2006 Cougar 289 EFS