Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #1
asp

Solitude 379FL

Anyone who has a 379FL have a solution of where to install the satellite receiver. Looked at one today and don't see a place to install it
asp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2015, 06:08 AM   #2

asp:

I don't own one, but after looking at the pics at Grand Design's website, I would bet that they wired one of those glass cabinets with the satellite/cable coax preps. Just a guess on my part.

My FW is wired that way, and I have my Dish receiver sitting in a glass-faced cabinet above the TV.

Good luck, and from what I looked at, it looks like a sweet FW.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:35 AM   #3
asp

I looked at one yesterday and I need 12" of depth for my Dish Network receiver,
none of the cabinets in the front are that deep
Old 12-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #4

How are you planning on running the HDMI cable with the TV going up and down. I'm guessing that there's a wood cover piece that falls in place when the TV is in the down position. You'd have to have the sat receiver installed below the TV for it to work.
I suppose you could disconnect the sat receiver every time you lowered the TV though.
Can you get an under cabinet bracket to hang the sat receiver under one of the cabinets beside the TV?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #5
asp

Yes, the sat reciver needs to be installed in the lower compartment, or possibly on the back of the TV if it permits. They have built the 379 to accommodate the inferior DVD player and the off-air antenna connection. They are not savy to HDMI cables and satellite connections
Old 12-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Yes, the sat reciver needs to be installed in the lower compartment, or possibly on the back of the TV if it permits. They have built the 379 to accommodate the inferior DVD player and the off-air antenna connection. They are not savy to HDMI cables and satellite connections
So true. I'm not sure if it's the management that's ignorant or the fact that they know that the work force is a few strands short of a full cable to be able to figure out how to hookup TV's and stereos. Maybe they figure it's just one less thing they have to have someone try and figure out. After all even though they do the same thing day in and day out they still have trouble getting it right. Now that lots of MFGs are just using sound bars that eliminates more chances of messing something up.
My 5er has the sat/cable hooked up correctly but they never used an HDMI cable. I had to run one myself. Would've been just as easy for the MFG to do it.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #7

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
So true. I'm not sure if it's the management that's ignorant or the fact that they know that the work force is a few strands short of a full cable to be able to figure out how to hookup TV's and stereos. Maybe they figure it's just one less thing they have to have someone try and figure out. After all even though they do the same thing day in and day out they still have trouble getting it right. Now that lots of MFGs are just using sound bars that eliminates more chances of messing something up.
My 5er has the sat/cable hooked up correctly but they never used an HDMI cable. I had to run one myself. Would've been just as easy for the MFG to do it.
Really there would not need to be any hooking up with cables or HDMI. If they would just makes the shelves 2 or 3 inches deeper then there would be enough room for the receiver and we all hook our own up anyway.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:31 AM   #8
asp

Yes, the shelfs need to be a minimum of 13"deep, but they should run HDMI cables from the main location of the satellite receiver all tv locations instead of using composite video cables. That technology left us with the VCR.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:01 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
This may be a good application for wireless HDMI.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote