Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2020, 10:25 AM   #1

Some feedback please

What is the issue here with selling this sucker? Do I really need to drop the price to wholesale to get it to move? Or is it the fact that the living area has been painted? Should I go ahead and paint the bedroom to match? Go ahead, give me some feedback on it:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/5011722572
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2020, 11:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
What is the issue here with selling this sucker? Do I really need to drop the price to wholesale to get it to move? Or is it the fact that the living area has been painted? Should I go ahead and paint the bedroom to match? Go ahead, give me some feedback on it:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/5011722572
Delete your original add.
List it again, however raise the price.
In many cases people who are buying ( a large purchase) may assume that the value is not up to speed.
By raising the price it may attract a different crowd.
I recently sold my 2017 boat.
No one was looking at $36,000.
I deleted my post and listed it again for $42,000. I got a response within a few days.
He offered $37,000, I countered at $38000 and sold the boat. When I filed my paperwork with the original purchase paperwork I realized that I originally paid $38,000.
This an effective way to sell even real estate.
Perceived value is in the mind of buyer.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl.swoyer View Post
Delete your original add.
List it again, however raise the price.
In many cases people who are buying ( a large purchase) may assume that the value is not up to speed.
By raising the price it may attract a different crowd.
I recently sold my 2017 boat.
No one was looking at $36,000.
I deleted my post and listed it again for $42,000. I got a response within a few days.
He offered $37,000, I countered at $38000 and sold the boat. When I filed my paperwork with the original purchase paperwork I realized that I originally paid $38,000.
This an effective way to sell even real estate.
Perceived value is in the mind of buyer.

I like it. All the tire kickers thus far are offering 20-21k. It's irritating.
Old 06-13-2020, 12:13 PM   #4

Part of the problem is it is in Florida where there are millions of other RV's for sale. Also looks like the hitch pin has been modified. As soon as I see anything funky I run away.

Cedar Creek is one of the best 5th wheels out there and your listing price is good but if people offer a bit less I agree with asking more and accepting $2000 less than asking.

At least you are getting offers.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:54 PM   #5

The hitch pin is a Reese Goosebox, approved by Lippert... But, you're right, allot of people know little or nothing about RV's.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:25 PM   #6

Consider a list of maintenance details (item, date) and a shine that pops. Wash the hitch too. Most of the exterior photos are very far away. Quality hires photos are helpful.
Mtn. Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:27 AM   #7

Most buyers aren't going to have a suitable truck to haul that thing. That cuts your market big time. The unit is beautiful, there are no issues there.
Right now few with that much cash on hand are looking at used and it's harder to get financing on used as well.
I say hang in there, the price is decent, put the old pin box back on, and put notes on every diesel dually you see with a hitch in the bed.
CL doesn't charge for RV ads yet, get in on there in several nearby areas. Leave it out in some high traffic area in a higher end area, just take it home every night. It only takes one buyer to make a sale.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:41 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Agree, heavy trailer and limited sleeping space limits your buyers. Looks like a great deal but also as stated your listing price didn't leave any wiggle room. Be patient and you will get what you want. Since the listing is paid for put "firm" in the price.
I would also take some better pictures with a wide angle lense. That will give a better perspective of the living space.

Stage it up with some interior decorations and make it look more like a home than an empty RV.

Again need wide angle pics of the bathroom and bedroom layouts.

Close all those drawers and cabinets they know whats behind them. It makes it look spartan.

A few more exterior pictures that highlight the body paint might be nice also.

Remember not all that are shopping have had an RV before so making it look happy, comfy, and homelike will generate more screen time on the pictures and enhance their interest.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:32 AM   #9

I think that is a fair price, especially with all those expensive options. I had a 2012 Cedar Creek Silverback, and it never had to back for any warranty work.

Were you happy with the Reese Goosebox, it sure cleans up the truck bed for more stuff.
Garyp4951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:42 AM   #10

Just sold an 06 fifth wheel (NuWa top of the line) after having it listed for 13 months. Once the C-19 hit...nothing but crickets. Stay the course, make the pics look more inviting and wait for the right buyer. Dont know why folks waste your time if they know its out of their price range or they want a different floor plan..but they do...and they dont have the proper tow vehicle.
psmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyp4951 View Post
I think that is a fair price, especially with all those expensive options. I had a 2012 Cedar Creek Silverback, and it never had to back for any warranty work.

Were you happy with the Reese Goosebox, it sure cleans up the truck bed for more stuff.

Love the Goosebox. Wish they would make on rated for the current trailer I have.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:04 AM   #12

Thanks for all the suggestions - when I get back into town, sounds like I need to wash/wax, setup in a campsite and get some good pictures. I have a photographer I know that does great work, will have her stage and take photos. I often forget that not everyone will spend hours getting smart on their purchase before spending the money!
Old 06-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #13

You asked for thoughts -

What items did you add? For me, any owner upgrades are looked at very hard. I've dealt with owner maintained motorcycles for a long time. Simply amazing what I've found when investigating.

Who painted the trailer? If ordered that way, then it good. If you had it painted, I would be suspect as to why.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Just like houses and cars, upgrades that are perfect for you don't necessarily add up to someone else...
Given my history, I would have gotten a cedar creek, but it was too heavy for my F350 and I had just upgraded once !

but you are going the right direction, just like homes, staging it to make it less "yours" and more "theirs" with great pictures will help and patience waiting for the right buyer...

I have heard rv sales are up 30% because no one wants to fly and stay in hotel rooms when they can get their own house on wheels...

and that's for part timers !

If I could talk the DW into it, we'd sell this big as house and full time it!
That's what I see in the near future, many more have proven they can work remotely (like I did for 20 years!) and an rv is IT !