Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2022, 02:34 PM   #15

I have never heard of Lifestyle but we will keep our eyes open. It was bought out by Dutchman and they just went big.

New Horizons make 2 units.

The list is getting longer.

Many thanks.
Ian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
Lifestyle RV made a shorty one I think it was LS32 model. Last mfgr year would be 2016. Superb build quality and most have residential fridge. Built for full timers, and we can attest to them being great 4 seasons rigs. We stay toasty warm in brutal cold, nothing has ever froze up, and nice and cool in the sweltering Texas heat. Beautiful solid cherry cabinetry. Highly recommend if you can find one.
New Horizons also builds a short 5er , I believe they have a 32' plan on their website.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2022, 09:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post
I have never heard of Lifestyle but we will keep our eyes open. It was bought out by Dutchman and they just went big.

New Horizons make 2 units.

The list is getting longer.

Many thanks.
Ian.
Yes, Lifestyle would probably be at the top of my list.
Here's one that I'm drooling over. But it appears to be 34' long.
It's the first one listed.
https://www.rvtrader.com/Lifestyle-L...LS32RL%7C32697
Old 12-11-2022, 11:15 AM   #17

I like. but yes, too long. it is a fine looking unit. I have never seen one before. great price too.

thanks.

QUOTE=Jkjavelin;6376948]Yes, Lifestyle would probably be at the top of my list.
Here's one that I'm drooling over. But it appears to be 34' long.
It's the first one listed.
https://www.rvtrader.com/Lifestyle-L...LS32RL%7C32697[/QUOTE]
grassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 03:02 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Couple of suggestions.

Cougar 290RLS - 33 ft
Cougar 316RLS -35’ 8”
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 05:00 PM   #19

[
thanks..the 290rls is on our list now..

like the floor plan..

ian

QUOTE=Pricejh;6377159]Couple of suggestions.

Cougar 290RLS - 33 ft
Cougar 316RLS -35’ 8”[/QUOTE]
Old 12-11-2022, 05:51 PM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can retrofit a residential Frig into many units and would not let the RF be a limiting factor. IMO- the biggest issue if 3-4 season requirements that are very hard to retrofit. We camp all four seasons down to at least 0F.

Besides length and floor plan I rate a quality frame and suspension system very high on my list.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 03:32 PM   #21

Frame / susp and system / build quality are at the top of our list.. hence the arctic wolf being tossed from our list.

Other than the 3 requirements, we can deal but prefer sold wood cabinets etc..

In this size range, not a lot of variation in floor plan.

I think new 15F has been our coldest.. but 4 season is awesome for hot as well.

The only thing we have noticed which makes me a bit nervous is the fridge being in the slide..

Thanks, Ian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
You can retrofit a residential Frig into many units and would not let the RF be a limiting factor. IMO- the biggest issue if 3-4 season requirements that are very hard to retrofit. We camp all four seasons down to at least 0F.

Besides length and floor plan I rate a quality frame and suspension system very high on my list.
Old 12-12-2022, 05:48 PM   #22

We haven't looked for 5 years and all we saw was pathetic garbage but Northwood, Jayco etc., old companies that were noted for quality, weren't at those Phx shows.
Our 2008 Sunny Brook is extinct now but it has the arctic package and it is way better than previous rvs, including Sunny Brooks, that DIDN'T have that package. Plus our 2008 is still built like a tank!
I would surely look at Arctic Fox to see if they still have some quality. I wouldn't have an RV w/o tinted dual panes and an arctic package, again. Craig
Old 12-12-2022, 06:14 PM   #23

Craig,

This is a tuff one. Our AF is a tank as well.. but with the mileage we have on it and it's age.. the option that isn't talked about is keeping it and start replacing the systems as they go.. or before they go. With my disability and my dw's desire for a larger fridge since we longtime, we think it is time to part ways.. but we are researching the heck out of it ..

On concern.. is a comments of someone that has been in the rv industry before it started .. he said he would not buy a rig built after 2014.. unless it was a custom like Luxe. in model years, that is 9 years ago..

We are presently in Texas and when we go into a dealership and ask for an arctic package the first response is it doesn't get cold here so why would you need one..

The goal is to buy the best used tier one rig that we can afford and cross oiur fingers.

Ian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleNutted View Post
We haven't looked for 5 years and all we saw was pathetic garbage but Northwood, Jayco etc., old companies that were noted for quality, weren't at those Phx shows.
Our 2008 Sunny Brook is extinct now but it has the arctic package and it is way better than previous rvs, including Sunny Brooks, that DIDN'T have that package. Plus our 2008 is still built like a tank!
I would surely look at Arctic Fox to see if they still have some quality. I wouldn't have an RV w/o tinted dual panes and an arctic package, again. Craig
Old 12-13-2022, 12:25 PM   #24

Overall length on the LS32 is a touch over your max, however when it comes to the frame, suspension, build quality, and components used ( no Lippert ) there just isn't another 5th wheel that compares unless you want to go older and find perhaps a used pre 2012 Carriage , or spend $250k and up for a New Horizons. Lifestyle built their own frames. The double boxed all US steel frame they built is the main reason we bought one. Also a plus for us was the use of radiant barrier. Even our interior walls are solid.
Did I mention we LOVE our Lifestyle Luxury RV ;-)
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 05:08 PM   #25

We have been looking for lifestyles..hard to find.

AF is same way but honestly, looked ar a new one..tiny fridge and dated..storage and look. was expecting to see doilies. ..and i am a major af fan..

The search goes on..

thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
Overall length on the LS32 is a touch over your max, however when it comes to the frame, suspension, build quality, and components used ( no Lippert ) there just isn't another 5th wheel that compares unless you want to go older and find perhaps a used pre 2012 Carriage , or spend $250k and up for a New Horizons. Lifestyle built their own frames. The double boxed all US steel frame they built is the main reason we bought one. Also a plus for us was the use of radiant barrier. Even our interior walls are solid.
Did I mention we LOVE our Lifestyle Luxury RV ;-)
Old 12-13-2022, 09:43 PM   #26

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post

yep year round
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210611_171954182.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	382663   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220203_083257932.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	382664  

Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote