Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #15

I rotate mine when I do my bearing repack. The rears are getting dragged sideways more than the fronts when turning sharp. Can't hurt.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #16

My dually is a 2WD flat bed so because of that I have traction tires in the back and steer tires in the front. No rotation for me.
I tried the regular tires all the way around and it was even more helpless. Seriously this thing gets stuck on wet grass when empty. I will never have another 2wd truck, but since I got it for $100.00 I am not going to complain.....tooo much
Scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithnorv View Post
So what about a dually? I saw a YouTube video that said take the outside rear move them forward, the inside rear moves to the outside rear and the fronts move to the inside rear. Not entirely the same thing but close.
Providing you have matching wheels that would be the correct fashion.
The problem we typically have is only 4 pretty alloy wheels 2 steel. So, re-mounting the tires on the correct rims to look nice isn't worth the added expense in my opinion. YMMV. The tire wear has not been that much different to merit rotation. Especially true with trailers, they will "time out" long before the tread is gone.
Another point is if you've ever clipped a curb (most frequent cause of belt damage, causing catastrophic failures) do you want to play Russian roulette and move it to an unknown spot or, a steering position?
Be well.
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Our manual said move the tires from one side to the other. No moving tires forward or back. 4X4 450, limited slip.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnTrek View Post
Providing you have matching wheels that would be the correct fashion.
The problem we typically have is only 4 pretty alloy wheels 2 steel. So, re-mounting the tires on the correct rims to look nice isn't worth the added expense in my opinion. YMMV. The tire wear has not been that much different to merit rotation. Especially true with trailers, they will "time out" long before the tread is gone.
Another point is if you've ever clipped a curb (most frequent cause of belt damage, causing catastrophic failures) do you want to play Russian roulette and move it to an unknown spot or, a steering position?
Be well.
If I am that concerned about a damaged tire on my trailer or tow vehicle I'll remove it from service or at least have it looked at. Otherwise, I can always write down the tire serial and location I installed it on my records.
AKFlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #20

No rotation on our DRW either. Not worth the hassle.

Got 80k miles out of current set on the rear. We typically go through 2 sets of steer tires to 1 set of rear tires on our dually. We are currently running all terrain BF Goodrich which is the same tire/brand as what it came from the factory with.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote