Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #1

Sunnybrook slide motor location

I have a 2002 Sunnybrook 5th wheel Model 31BW-FS. I have located the rear slide motor and gear but can't find the bedroom slide motor and gear to check for any oil leaks and manual operation should I need to some day. Any suggestions? Great unit - seldom have problems.
bryana29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #2

I also have a 2002 31BW-FS with bedroom slide. I agree with your comments (great unit - seldom have problems). I'm no expert, but since you're not getting any replies, I'll tell you what I know.

I understand access to bedroom slide mechanism is from underneath the bed. Raise the end of the bed (to access the storage area under the bed). You should see a removable panel in the floor under the bed. I say "I understand" this is what you do... I bought the unit used in 2006... had dealer check and lube both slides the one time I've had it in for service (3 years ago)... that's what they told me to do to gain access to the bedroom slide mechanism.

BTW, should you ever have to operate the bedroom slide manually, there is an access hole in upper left-hand corner of the front storage compartment on left-side of the trailer (these directions assume you're facing the front of the trailer). The trailer came with a crank and rod for this purpose. I mention this as it somewhat hard to find and tricky to operate... If you're not familiar with it, you might want to do so in case you ever needed to to it. (I haven't... but we all know these things will only work so many times before something breaks.)

Hope this helps. Now a couple of questions for you (or anyone else) if I may:

1) Have you ever had to do anything with the Nev-R-Lube sealed bearings? I haven't... but I'm getting a little concerned given the age of the trailer. Replacements are quite expensive. I thought about carrying a spare, but I understand it's not a simple side-of-the-road repair.

2) Where do you carry your spare tire? Sunnybrook's solution for the 2002 model was a bracket and cover that bolted to rear square bumper... I have a hitch for a bike rack on the rear, and I don't believe there is room for both. It's harder to access, but I wish the spare would ride underneath the trailer (like it does on the later models).

3) Anyone ever replaced the carpet in one the these models? (After 10 years, it's overdue.) Anything I need to know? (especially regarding carpet in the bedroom slide)

Happy trails,
Phil
Doublex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #3

Sunnybrook slide motor location

Thanks so much for the info. I'll check those locations out when I go to my unit next time. They make sense so I'll do some more exploring.

When I bot my unit from Vacationland in Bellingham WA 1.5 yrs ago I asked them to check the brakes and pack the bearings. They said the NevRLube bearings did not need repacking and I have taken their word for it. I see something posted about them in the thread here on Dexter running gear however. I have hauled it to Yuma and back - approx 2500 miles - no problems so far.

My spare is suspended underneath held up by a single cable with a crank mechanism. The tire had worked it's way down a couple inches so I cranked it up snug and have put safety ropes around it to the frame to be sure it doesn't drop again. The cable/crank mechanism is compact so maybe you can retrofit one.

My carpet hasn't been replace and is in good condition.

Thanks again.

bryan
bryana29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide