Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
The MoRyde IS gets rid of the axles and replaces them with a box frame and stub torsion axles.

My current trailer has the IS. The last trailer was a triple axle toy hauler with Dexter Equaflex. Personally, I think the toy hauler rode smoother, but there are multiple variables that may affect it - triple vs double axle, I'm currently a little nose high, and the toy hauler also had the soft Trailer King tires, while my current ride has Goodyear G614's that are much harder, so .... take it for what it's worth. One of the reasons I'm nose high at the moment is that the IS has the trailer sitting pretty low, probably matched with the previous owners truck. I have to go to MoRyde and spend $1500-$2000 to rectify it.

If I were to choose between them, I'm not sure I'd pay the extra $$$ for the IS. I do know that the first "drivetrain" upgrade would be disc brakes. They do make a huge, noticeable difference. Maybe IS after, depending on the current ride.
We had 8000 lbs MorRyde IS on our last 2 trailers and now 8k Dexter axles with EZ-Flex and 17 1/2" G614 tires on all three trailers we are experiencing the same, the EZ-Flex makes for a much smoother ride traveling the same roads. They do however require more frequent grease jobs.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
We had 8000 lbs MorRyde IS on our last 2 trailers and now 8k Dexter axles with EZ-Flex and 17 1/2" G614 tires on all three trailers we are experiencing the same, the EZ-Flex makes for a much smoother ride traveling the same roads. They do however require more frequent grease jobs.
Good to know my experience isn't unique. I was somewhat disappointed after the first couple of drives, when I had stuff broken in the trailer that survived just fine in the toy hauler in similar storage situations. After reading all the reviews, I expected better.

Grease jobs are easy and cheap, not an issue to do at all unless you're inclined to have a dealer do it.

For me, another issue is the cost to lift the trailer to have it sit level when hooked up, as well as have a decent amount of clearance at the back of the trailer. It's expensive, and of course, I only want to have MoRyde do it, so that means a trip to Indiana.
aknavy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
Good to know my experience isn't unique. I was somewhat disappointed after the first couple of drives, when I had stuff broken in the trailer that survived just fine in the toy hauler in similar storage situations. After reading all the reviews, I expected better.
A set of good shocks might improve the ride quality, the guys at MorRyde are probably the bet ones to ask?

Grease jobs are easy and cheap, not an issue to do at all unless you're inclined to have a dealer do it.
No way would I let some else grease my stuff , however I'm starting to feel my age when crawling underneath. I only mentioned this bec. the common complaint regarding this setup is that it wears out to quickly and I'm positive that it's related to neglect most of the time.

For me, another issue is the cost to lift the trailer to have it sit level when hooked up, as well as have a decent amount of clearance at the back of the trailer. It's expensive, and of course, I only want to have MoRyde do it, so that means a trip to Indiana.
I'm not familiar with your trailer but try to stay below 13'6" total height.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:50 AM   #18

Yeah, I have noticed that when I lube it, it takes quite a bit of lube in each axle. If not done routinely, I can definitively see it being an issue.

I'm not sure of the life on the bushings - the one that broke was right at two years old, and the rest seem to be good. Keep in mind, in my case, this trailer is not parked alot. We've put in alot of miles, over 15k, on it in the last six months.

My height right now is just under 13', so I've got a few inches to spare. I'm thinking it could use 2-4, but I'll let the pros at MoRyde worry about that when I get there. I want it to ride level when hitched, and I'd like to stop the back from scraping when entering graded parking lots or in some of the road dips. After the first incident that caught my rear cap and caused some damage, I now have a big roller bar mounted to my trailer hitch.
aknavy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #19

This trailer has Alco ind.......no problems in 35,000 miles....and shocks can be added if one knows what to use....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #20

There are a couple of places that can install MOR/ryde IS but Elkhart is the best place to go.

We ordered our trailer with the whole package, IS Suspension, Hydraulic Disk Brakes, and Nev-R-Lube wheel bearings. The package wasn't much more than just the IS Suspension and all well worth it.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension