Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2022, 12:19 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Tecma Silence plus toilet

Like I stated previously, We are newbies to the 5th family. We are currently in South Carolina where the temps are reaching triple digits and our main breaker tripped twice. Manage to direct a fan on the box and seems to be working better now. Problem is, when I reset the power the rear toilet stopped discharging the contents of the bowl. Wall switch is working and the inlet water is also working, but there is no discharge pump to empty. Looking for breaker , fuse etc in an attempt to see if that has popped to inhibit the pump from engaging. Any ideas. We need all the help we can get.
BobbyBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2022, 12:27 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just my .02, but maybe when you reset the master the individual one for the Tecma popped. You might try and reset all the indiv. breakers
Old 07-04-2022, 02:47 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNewbie55 View Post
Just my .02, but maybe when you reset the master the individual one for the Tecma popped. You might try and reset all the indiv. breakers

Thanks for your response. I reset main breaker and others. I am use to have a dedicated breaker for most everything. There in NOT a breaker labeled for either toilets or bathrooms for that matter. I would think the toilets would have a dedicated breaker assigned to them.
Still looking for help.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:47 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBa View Post
Thanks for your response. I reset main breaker and others. I am use to have a dedicated breaker for most everything. There in NOT a breaker labeled for either toilets or bathrooms for that matter. I would think the toilets would have a dedicated breaker assigned to them.
Still looking for help.

To further indicate our issue, the water comes into the toilet fine, then the outlet pump and macerated never engage. Strange I know.
Old 07-04-2022, 04:16 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I have seen some builds where there is an inline fuse close to the house batteries for the toilet.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:45 PM   #6
NXR

Tecma Silence plus toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBa
To further indicate our issue, the water comes into the toilet fine, then the outlet pump and macerated never engage. Strange I know.

Not at all. Mine did that near the end of the warranty.

There's only one power wire to that thing. I removed the two side screws and also an access panel behind the toilet seat. Then I could pull the toilet slightly forward to reach stuff.

I removed the plug from the water inlet valve to keep from adding water when I did test flushes. I located the pump/macerator motor connector and saw it indeed had 12 volts to it when doing a test flush but the pump just did not turn.

I unplugged it and put an ohmmeter on the part going to the motor. It should be about 2 ohms but it was infinite. Oops...

Thinking it might be a problem with a motor brush not making contact with the armature, I took the handle of a screwdriver and gave the pump a few raps.

Lo and behold, the resistance now showed about 2 ohms. I connected the motor and a test flush worked. I then reconnected the water inlet valve.

The toilet kept working until we relocated. Then I had to rap it again. Once we got home I had the toilet replaced under warranty.

Ray
Old 07-05-2022, 06:11 AM   #7
NXR

Oh, and in case you need to travel with the toilet not being able to flush, here's what I did:

I took a one gallon water jug and cut the top off, but leaving the handle section intact.

I put a pair of nitrile gloves on and used a Solo cup to bail as much of the toilet as I could from the toilet into the one gallon jug.

I then did the usual glove doff procedure of pulling the wrist down to turn one glove inside out and placed it in the palm of the still-gloved hand. Then I doffed that glove and tossed both into the trash.

Then I simply poured the one gallon jug into the outside sewer connection and disposed of the jug in the trash.

Since the toilet was not completely empty I put Saran Wrap over the bowl to contain any sloshing from rough roads.

Yes, ours failed on the morning we were leaving after a two-month stay because of course it did...

Ray

Tags
ecm, tecma, toilet