Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #1

Thermal pane windows

Hi all..... i have a refundable deposit on a 2012 hitchhiker 345LK. Wife and i both love it but found out it does not have thermal pane windows. Thought that strange for such an otherwise nice 5er. Then i found on the NuWa website that these are made with 10 inch I beam frames and not 12 like Arctic Fox and others.......

Appreciate any input on these two issues. Anyone have any frame issues with the HH discover America 5ers?

Thnks
Greg
AB7R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #2

1st, the Hitchhiker has an excellent reputation. The last problem I would expect is any frame problems.
2. Our Lifestyle does not have dual pane windows either. It certainly hasn't been a problem in the summer with dual AC. I don't know about winter in the ice belt. Generically I've read problems with condensation between the panes. Unless you are full timing in the North I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:06 PM   #3

We have dual pane windows and the difference is incredible... less radiant cold, easier to keep cool and significantly quieter inside.
We went years with single pain without complaints other than condensation inside in cold weather.
It's a personal decision, but I can say they are nice to have.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:19 PM   #4

Must have been an option as ours has dual pane windows but also 8000# axles, disc brakes etc. the HH has had little to no frame issues as it was made by Youngs in Chanute KS. The HitchHiker 2, LS (light series) was made by Lippert and NuWa sent them to Young for extra welds and bracing prior to building on them.

2012 NuWay HitchHiker 363RSBDA, 2016 Ford F-350 Dually 6.7
Old 10-15-2016, 10:35 PM   #5

Thanks......a pdf on the Nuwa website does indicate both the 8k axels and dual pane windows as options. The 5er we are looking at is a 2012 discover america which i believe is different from the HH2 LS.....i hope. The one we are looking at has the bigfoot 4 pt levelers, EMS, 2nd AC, window awnings and installed washer and dryer. I wish it had the 8k axels and H range tires and disc breaks. But i guess those are things i can still have upgraded.
AB7R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #6

It would say HH2 LS if it was. The frames built by Youngs welding have an excellent reputation. We are very happy with the unit we got. NuWa is no longer a manufacturer but Kansas RV center in Chanute is the same people in the old factory. Their work is excellent and prices reasonable. My wife had them pull the oven and fireplace and make storage in both. They still had the original doors and hardware. There is also an RV park less than a mile away that they own and is operated by the city. 3 days free and I think $10 a day after unless NW is working on your stuff then it's all free I think. I highly recommend a trip thru there if you buy elsewhere.

2012 NuWay HitchHiker 363RSBDA, 2016 Ford F-350 Dually 6.7

Tags
window