Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #29

Texas Boomers Club
The only thing with buying a unit that doesn't specifically state that full time use is allowed, someone at a dealer could easily say that it is not covered. If you're a full timer this is certainly something to consider.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #30

My policy has been if anything fails during warranty needs to be repaired or replace with a better service or product. Never once used warranty because it only gets repaired to original. In 22 years most of the failed stuff has been replaced with higher quality.

In my work I always choose better product because the oem never met our service requirements.
One supplier representative asked me once why we had changed parts supplier and I just told him we had fixed the problems and their parts were not failing anymore.
Their is much greater profit on spare replacements and I learn that when I first got in the industry, and oem feeds on that. So no requirements from me if I can help it.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:16 AM   #31

We still don't like them. They have a "cheap/plain" look to us. Didn't think much of the 10" I beam chassis either. They are a wide body though. They are very light. That should throw flags. People do full time in them. We wouldn't
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #32

I have a friend that has an OR, 2 as a matter of fact and he has traveled many miles with both. All this talk about light weight being synonomous with cheap does not factor in changes in tech. OR does make a year round one also. Lippert supplies the vast majority of the Rv industry consequently they get a lot of exposure. Just remember that of the thousands upon thousands of rvs out on the road many people don't do squat for maint then blame someone else when the wheel falls off. Yes it does come with a 2 year warrenty. My friendhas had very few problems with either of them.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #33

Well said.
I was at a Ford dealer years past.
There was a man buying 2 Topaz, one for him and one for his wife.
He told me he could not afford to drive the Toyota with all the service requirements they asked of him. Sure enough I know, I never could get an appointment to change the oil with ours and in 5 Years it never was at the Toyota dealer again and never will.
The Topaz/Tempo had a reputation but they were tough and it was all due to numbers on the road.

I feel the same about RVs, some have barely 2 % of the sales and are well bragged. Just observe the ones on the road towed by all kinds of trucks. Also the ones on the side of the road broken down. They are rare for the amount of light units sold.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #34

Noticed I posted We, dw and I, don't like them. There is a market for the OR. It is light and light even in 40+ft. It does look plain to us. But we had a Mobile Suites before and now a Teton. We have higher expectations. We are full time and our home is our castle. I also work full time and my jobs are 7/12s until its over. Only time i have to work on our home is when I'm unemployed. So I don't have time to fix a lot of things. I reseal twice yearly and pay to get it washed. Our units have residential faucets, fridge, dishwasher, most of lightening is 110. Not a lot to go wrong. This is our choice though. It comes at a high price tag. On a note, do not OR owners wash and wax there units? The ones I see in parks are badly faded.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #35

One consideration is a insulation package, or 'Artic Pak'.
The under belly is heated. Once you go thru your first winter you will know what I am talking about.
Makes it much more comfortable to live in.
bilb2765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilb2765 View Post
One consideration is a insulation package, or 'Artic Pak'.
The under belly is heated. Once you go thru your first winter you will know what I am talking about.
Makes it much more comfortable to live in.
You are correct Bilb, but just for clarity, I will restate this; "Arctic Packages" are not an industry standard package, and have no industry standard definition. So just because the sales flyer states that, actually find out what it means first, and don't just bite the hook.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #37

We purchased and have been living in a Sanibel 3250 in January 2014 and love it! We will begin our first fulltiming adventure July 5th as we take off on the roads. We are excited and think this is a fabulous home!
txswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #38

Here's something that might suit your needs--from a fantastic RV dealer specializing in selling 5th wheels.

Inventory at RV's for Less in Knoxville, Tennessee
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #39

Cool Full Time RV Choice

I have a 2009 38' DRV Mobile Suite purchased new Dec 2008. I previously owned a 36' 2006 DRV Mobile Suite that I purchased used. I had no problems with the 2006 used DRV. My new DRV has been problematic from the day I took ownership. It has been worked on 21 times with 5 of these factory returns, I left it at the factory for 5 months when i returned to pick it up it I spent another 1 week at the factory as it had not been worked on. DRV did not live up to promises made by a previous DRV executive Tom Peck, who retired. Tom made promises to keep me from suing DRV.
I would not buy another new DRV, i would buy an older used one made prior to 2007 and only after talking to the previous owner to make sure all the problems were repaired and i would only buy one from a state with a lemon law.
I have had 2 friends Steve Conrad and Chuck Snyder who sold their DRVs due to problems and purchased motor homes.
I would not deal WITH A NEW DRV AGAIN. It is beautiful but I am disappointed in the Factory customer service.
Also I purchased the same 7 year warranty from A wholesale warranty company at 1/3 the price offered from the dealer. Do not purchase a extended warranty from a dealer. Shop around using the better business bureau.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Regards
Russell Quinton
rhqjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #40

Hi if looking at a used RV in that price range. Dont forget the newmars. the kountry aire and the Mountain Aire can be found in your price range. These units will hold up to full time living no problem. Excel, Carriage, teton, Travel Supreme are all good choices. Heard to many having issues with DRV products like a few posters previously. IMO
dynacopas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:43 AM   #41

Send a message via Yahoo to ranchn2
Does anyone have a Lifestyle? My husband and I are looking at one (LS36FW). Not sure if it is the one or not. Hoping someone has one and can tell us what they think. Thanks.
ranchn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchn2 View Post
Does anyone have a Lifestyle? My husband and I are looking at one (LS36FW). Not sure if it is the one or not. Hoping someone has one and can tell us what they think. Thanks.
We had a close look at one in the fall and were disappointed of the quality control and lack of craftsmanship or attention to detail, this was before it went through the dealers shop. Big temperature differences between wall sections .
We ended up ordering the one in the signature line.

Tags
5th wheel