Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #1

Currently Merit All Country Radial A/S LT235/85R16 Load Range E on a Cedar Creek 36RLTS.
I thought since they have been great tires (no problems at all) I would just replace them with the same...seems not so easy to find. I am in Northern Illinois heading to Columbus, Ohio for the month of October - can anybody recommend a tire center between here and there? Thanks

2001 CC 36RLTS
Smplysaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #2

Currently Merit All Country Radial A/S LT235/85R16 Load Range E on a Cedar Creek 36RLTS.
I thought since they have been great tires (no problems at all) I would just replace them with the same...seems not so easy to find. I am in Northern Illinois heading to Columbus, Ohio for the month of October - can anybody recommend a tire center between here and there? Thanks

2001 CC 36RLTS
Smplysaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:26 AM   #3

try calling the tire manuf. and asking for his dealers in Ohio..easier than just guessing! Dona

2004 F350/6.0L/turbodiesel/crew-Open Road 359RL3-S5 (2010'Dodge ram 3500 Mega on order)
Dona and Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #4

I know you said you have had good luck with them but 90% of the tires that where made in the USA back in 2000~01 now 90% of them are made in CHINA and I dont think you will have the same luck. Michelin XPS rib is by far the best trailer tire in the size that your looking for and there isnt one complaint on the internet on there tires failing. If you are buying new tires there cant be much cost differance from a Ok tire to the top of the line. I would expect to get qoates for the michelin tires around 225 each.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Not that you asked, but I have to agree with xc-mark. I was so pleased with the Michelin XPS Ribs on my previous 5th wheel that I put them on my dually at the last tire change. I only wish they made a load range G for my present 5th wheel!

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:46 AM   #6

After extensive adventures involving tire failures on a recent 3,000 mile trip, we ended up with a new set of Firestone tires on our 5er. Not that I especially wanted those, but there was nothing else available in a small East Texas town on a Saturday. We started the trip with a set of Goodyear Wranglers that were 5 years old. By the end of the trip, three out of four had failed, and I threw away the 4th.

We'll see how good the Firestones are. No telling where they may be made.

Moral of this story: If tires are 5 years old, get new ones!
RobCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:56 AM   #7

I also think the XPS Rib is the best thing out there for trailers.

Just as a note, they are now available for trailers with 235x80x16 tires in a 75 seris that is the same height as the 80 seris. Trailers that came with Marathons can go back with the same diameter with the XPS. The 85 seris is just a little tight on some trailers.

Dave