Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 11:52 AM   #15

I don't use one because everyone complains how unreliable they are. I've read that eez rv is the best.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Same as lonewolftx, we have used Tire Minder for a couple years now. Totally satisfied. They are great folks to work with. Got 4 on the 5ver and 6 on the 3500 Ram dually. Had to put different stems on the rear duals so I could get to them. Have the electronic extender/repeater mounted in the 5ver battery bay. To date, it's alerted us to high pressure and a blowout on the 5ver, low pressure on the Ram. Honestly, the blowout alert didn't need the TM to know. Sounded like a shotgun!! BOOM!! Anyway, TM has worked for our situation. BTW, 5ver is 38ft and we mount the TM receiver on the back window so it kinda sits between all the sensors.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #17

We too have the TST system but have the 510 but the 507 works the same way. Once parked, you just have to push and hold the mode & minus button at the same time and it with put the trailer to "sleep" so no annoying beeps/alarms. It is still there and you do not have to reprogram it. When you are ready to hook up, just push/hold the same 2 buttons and and the trailer tires will show again. Hope this helps, Hugs, Di
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolftx View Post
The new Tire Minder system doesn't work that way. It gives you the ability to drop either the truck tire monitors or the trailer ones. You rehook it back up when you return to using both; ie: unhook trailer to go to the store or storing it. It has also upgraded its' booster unit as well. I just got this last week and installed the 6 monitor unit on my trailer adding a 7th for the spare, another 7 for the truck to include the spare. I had tried another maker and found it was not a reliable unit so returned it and went with these folks who have had great reviews and been around a long time.
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #18

I think, like anything else, it depends on your preference or personal experience. We have been using out TST system for 6 years and have been 100% happy and it has "saved" us several times {once BIG time when a brake caliper stuck} in those years.
No matter what it is, people have to go with their own judgement in purchasing anything. Hugs, Di
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
I don't use one because everyone complains how unreliable they are. I've read that eez rv is the best.
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:33 AM   #19

I have the TST system and am very happy with it. I only use it for the trailer tires.

Only issue I've had is that it seems like one of the sensors may send out a weak signal because that same one will randomly drop out when traveling and give that annoying beep....which really really freaks my dog out.

I've found that if I point the antenna directly back towards the trailer (as opposed to straight up in the air) it will keep signal better.

the rechargeable battery on the readout head unit seems to last forever on one charge. I just finished a 2300 mile trip and didn't have to charge it once.

Only knock I have is that the pressure readout isn't always accurate. I will often get 3-4 lbs difference between the readout and when I check with a trusted psi gauge. Good thing is that its consistently different, so I dont worry about a sensor being low one day, and high the other. They seem to be pretty steadily off on the low side.
ResidentEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #20

I haven't seen anyone mention the Tire SafeGuard system. Installed it this spring with metal valve stems. I double pull a lot adding either a boat or ATV trailer behind my 5th wheel. went with the Tire Safeguard because they guaranteed 120' with out a repeater. when second trailer is not in use it doesn't alarm, just doesn't read that trailer. I've been extremely happy with them.
Tightwadted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #21
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
We have the TT 507 and it is accurate and does what it's supposed to do. Never had a bit of trouble in 4 yrs.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:53 PM   #22

We use the TST on both the truck and 5er tires. We also installed the repeater to ensure good signal and pick up to our 5er tires. This has never had the signal fail from the 5er tires (well worth the few extra bucks). Pretty straight forward to program and set up as well as drop the 5er tires off when we are not towing.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:16 PM   #23

I use TPMS by Valor same one the tractor trailers use. My truck and trailer all have sensors. It will tell you current psi and temperature. It will sound an audible warning for rapid psi loss and over temp.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, ems