Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 43
I would also look at Travel Supreme, Spacecraft, Citation Supreme, Alpenlite and Automate. Older Sunnybrook Titan's were also very good. All the Newmar's from American Star, Kountry Star, Mountain Aire, Kountry Aire and the few London Aires were all built on the same architecture with exclusions to amenities and of course tandem duals on some..storage etc. Lifestyle were built just as good as any Carriage. Better in some respects. Some of the King of The Road fivers were well built. Alpha Se Ya's had very nice plans. Very hit and miss with quality. Newer one's on the market if want a couple year old stay with Arctic Fox, Luxe and Riverstone. I just went last week to a Texas meet and greet Luxe event in Mansfield, TX. Nice units. The Arctic Fox slide seals are twice as thick as anything else out there. Very important to prevent drafts.
Elkfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks for all the replies!

I appreciate all the help from so many. I do have my eyes on a a couple units - one is an Artic Fox and the other is an Outdoors RV.


Charlie
ACountryMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
consolenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkfarmer View Post
I would also look at Travel Supreme, Spacecraft, Citation Supreme, Alpenlite and Automate. Older Sunnybrook Titan's were also very good. All the Newmar's from American Star, Kountry Star, Mountain Aire, Kountry Aire and the few London Aires were all built on the same architecture with exclusions to amenities and of course tandem duals on some..storage etc. Lifestyle were built just as good as any Carriage. Better in some respects. Some of the King of The Road fivers were well built. Alpha Se Ya's had very nice plans. Very hit and miss with quality. Newer one's on the market if want a couple year old stay with Arctic Fox, Luxe and Riverstone. I just went last week to a Texas meet and greet Luxe event in Mansfield, TX. Nice units. The Arctic Fox slide seals are twice as thick as anything else out there. Very important to prevent drafts.
American star was a low end newmar not on the same level with the mountain airr and kountry aire. Travel Supreme i did miss on my list above.

Alfa was hit and miss the basement air was problematic they either worked flawlessly or never ever worked at all.

The OP did say used and proven 4 season. spacecraft a "used one" never seen one for sale.
__________________
08 GMC C-4500 w/Custom bed. 8.1L
45ft 2007 Teton Reliance Experience XT-4
TSLB Trailer Saver w/ 3rd airbag
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
KZ RV Club
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 281
There's an '07 Kountry Aire in the classifieds, along with its matching Baby Freightliner TV. :-)

Lyle
__________________
2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed, B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
LAKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 43
The American was the lowest end. But as I wrote they were all made the same when those models were being produced. This is what made those trailers so great. How much fluff do you want? Pay more as the model names increase but no difference in quality. With the exclusion of the dual wheel models the frames were the same, wall construction, slide construction, ceiling and floor insulation and available heating and cooling units were identical. The American will perform just as good in the worst climate just as well as the models with more amenities. With this being said I have only had 4 fivers. Of those I have had I would rate in this order of heating/cooling efficiency.
1) Alpenlite 29RK Valhalla
2) Arctic Fox 32-5M
3) Newmar Mountain Aire 33CKSA
4) DRV 32TK3
I also have a 33.5FK Newmar Kountry Star travel trailer that I bought used 11 years ago that stays at the hunting camp. I will say it performs well. It lacks dual pane windows however.
Elkfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
tuffr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Palm Coast Florida
Posts: 10,669
Does Outdoor RV build 5th wheels? I did not see any on the web site a few months ago.
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 43
The use to. Think they still do. Check under Glacier Peak..either mountain or titanium class.
Elkfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Does Outdoor RV build 5th wheels? I did not see any on the web site a few months ago.
You must not of scrolled down far enough on the floor plan page.
They make 3 5ers and have a brand new floor plan thats just coming off line.


https://www.broadmoorrv.com/New-Inve...08920?ref=list
https://outdoorsrvmfg.com/glacier-peak-f27mks/
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #23
JDT
Senior Member
 
JDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,925
Our Excel does very well in the heat and the cold. We've been looking at something new and heating and cooling ability is very important to us. Arctic Fox appears to be well made and maybe on the level of our Excel but we will probably never see one as there are no dealers within a reasonable driving distance of us. One downside for us is they don't have a residential fridge as an option. I think being a west coast manufacturer their target market is boon docker types so I don't think they have the incentive to make changes.
__________________
Jim,
2020 Ford F350 Platinum, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, diesel, 12,400 GVWR
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Reese Goose Box
JDT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 43
JDT, there is currently 3 Arctic Fox on the lot in Baird, TX were I ordered mine. I don't know how far this is from you in Oklahoma. It's about 280 miles from Oklahoma city. You might contact them and see if it is possible for them to swap the fridge out. They were great to work with. It may be possible to order one with fridge delete then add a residential. Excel's are great units. Loved the hickory cabinets.
Elkfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #25
JDT
Senior Member
 
JDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkfarmer View Post
JDT, there is currently 3 Arctic Fox on the lot in Baird, TX were I ordered mine. I don't know how far this is from you in Oklahoma. It's about 280 miles from Oklahoma city. You might contact them and see if it is possible for them to swap the fridge out. They were great to work with. It may be possible to order one with fridge delete then add a residential. Excel's are great units. Loved the hickory cabinets.
They are almost 400 miles from me in NE Oklahoma. Also, no 325M which would be the one I would consider. I did ask a dealer to see if it was possible to get one without a fridge and install a residential. The dealer asked NW and was told no. I could still change it out but it would have the vent holes in the sidewall and roof that would have to be dealt with. I don't think it is worth it. I could just get the 12 cf fridge and live with it but our past experience was not good with a Norcold. Also, on our 5 or 6 week trips we need every bit of the 18 cubic foot Samsung we now have.
__________________
Jim,
2020 Ford F350 Platinum, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, diesel, 12,400 GVWR
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Reese Goose Box
JDT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
shane wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
They are almost 400 miles from me in NE Oklahoma. Also, no 325M which would be the one I would consider. I did ask a dealer to see if it was possible to get one without a fridge and install a residential. The dealer asked NW and was told no. I could still change it out but it would have the vent holes in the sidewall and roof that would have to be dealt with. I don't think it is worth it. I could just get the 12 cf fridge and live with it but our past experience was not good with a Norcold. Also, on our 5 or 6 week trips we need every bit of the 18 cubic foot Samsung we now have.
Go to the Redwood Owners Group
There have been quite a few remove their never cold with a residential fridge
__________________
2015 3500 Denali DRW
Pushed by 2015 Redwood 36RL Loaded
shane wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alliance, alliance rv, paradigm



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
True Four Season Class C rvrat Class C Motorhome Discussions 28 11-24-2019 04:31 PM
4 season, extended season, 0 to 100, or don't bother rbTN Travel Trailer Discussion 28 11-10-2018 11:55 AM
New Horizon a True Four Season Coach? UAV Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 9 09-25-2018 09:37 AM
True 4 season 5er? 6mm 5th Wheel Discussion 17 08-06-2014 09:33 PM
Help looking for best new true 4 season TT available in the south for under $30k thelostone Travel Trailer Discussion 5 07-06-2013 03:10 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.