Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2022, 07:54 AM   #1

Coastal Campers
TST 507 TPMS Signal Repeater

Anyone have experience with this TPMS system's repeater and best place to mount it on RV? I put sensors on my trailer tires to setup system and the display picked them up great so long as I'm not in my truck. Once in my truck the signal is dead. Need to get sensor placed today or tomorrow. I was thinking front storage bin on my 310RL fifth wheel, connected to the batteries? Suggestions? Thanks.
Bhidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2022, 07:58 AM   #2

That is where most are installed with no issue
Jincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:10 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, When I had my 5'er I put it on the battery box in the front storage and wired it to the battery disconnect output.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:24 AM   #4

Talking

The instructions say to mount near the axles as possible. On my Keystone toyhauler the batterys were in a side storage area. I mounted the TST repeater on the frame area underneath using the length of provided cable. I removed the fuse from the TST repeater when I was parked for a few days. The TPMS system worked well. It could take a few minutes for the 4 sensors to report to the TST display consul in my truck

We just replaced the toyhauler. The batterys are in the front of this 5th wheel unit. I am going to extend the wires and move the repeater closer to the axles on this 5th wheel.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:04 AM   #5

Coastal Campers
Thanks for all the feedback. One more thing to add to my list this afternoon. So much to do to get these things usable and safe. R// Bill
Old 01-20-2022, 09:29 AM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I've been using this system for years towing a single axle trailer behind my 40' American Eagle & have had the repeater located in my storage bay midship..never have had any loss of signal on any of 8 TST transmitters!! An excellent system!!
groveln is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:35 AM   #7
Community Moderator

We use the Tire Minder and I installed mine on the battery box. I used Velcro. so, I can remove when I need to for work.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:39 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Yep. I wired my TST repeater next to my battery in the front bay as well. Also installed a simple inline switch, and turn it on/off as part of my pre-/post-flight checklist.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PUXULO2/

Probably not necessary, but whatever.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:40 PM   #9

I have used the 507's for a little over 2yrs ....depending on how long you have had them, it may be time to replace the coin batteries. Now I simply drive past my storage yard to get current readings-no repeater in play. Makes a big difference for signal strength.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:29 PM   #10

I located my Tire Minder repeater with 2 dipole antennas on the front under the opening to the front storage not far from the batteries. The repeater has the antennas just clear of the front bottom pointing downward with a clear view of the 4 sensors under the RV. I hard wired the repeater and it's always on with the obvious green power ON light - draws microamps and Tire Minder promises it won't draw down good batteries.
cletesingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:43 PM   #11

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyRV779 View Post
I have used the 507's for a little over 2yrs ....depending on how long you have had them, it may be time to replace the coin batteries. Now I simply drive past my storage yard to get current readings-no repeater in play. Makes a big difference for signal strength.
The system is brand new.

I installed them to get them programmed and setup with the monitor. After talking to their tech support was told to take them off for now since the trailer has technically in log term storage. Also, to get the repeater hooked up to overcome the signal loss in the cab.
I'll be putting them back on tomorrow before I finally get the camper picked up. IF the weather will cooperate that is.

How long should I expect the batteries to last?

Thanks, Bill
Old 01-21-2022, 06:44 PM   #12

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletesingler View Post
I located my Tire Minder repeater with 2 dipole antennas on the front under the opening to the front storage not far from the batteries. The repeater has the antennas just clear of the front bottom pointing downward with a clear view of the 4 sensors under the RV. I hard wired the repeater and it's always on with the obvious green power ON light - draws microamps and Tire Minder promises it won't draw down good batteries.
Not sure if my repeater has dipole antennas on it. Will check and see if that is an option with this system. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2022, 08:03 AM   #13

I'm a long term TST 507 user and I find the batteries start dropping off after about a year of use. I ran a 6 tire system for 5 years (triple axle) and then a 10 tire system for another 5 (motorhome pulling a Wrangler). I'll be setting up another 6 tire system (5er with two axles and a motorcycle hauler out back) in the next month or so on a new to us 5th wheel. I'd like to have longer battery life. It seems like every trip I lose one signal and am always in need of a battery change. I think I'll get more proactive and set myself up to change them all when the first one dies.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidalgo View Post
The system is brand new.

I installed them to get them programmed and setup with the monitor. After talking to their tech support was told to take them off for now since the trailer has technically in log term storage. Also, to get the repeater hooked up to overcome the signal loss in the cab.
I'll be putting them back on tomorrow before I finally get the camper picked up. IF the weather will cooperate that is.

How long should I expect the batteries to last?

Thanks, Bill

Your system may be brand new, but how long has it been sitting on a shelf in the warehouse?
I change my batteries out yearly even though I remove the sensors during long term storage.

Tim

Tags
tpms