Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randalpho View Post
Thanks for that
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2019, 06:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
I talked to the manager at Campers Inn today, he said the person who registered the camper on Heartlands website finance's fell through and they never bought it, he said he was going to contact Heartland and let them know and assured me the camper was new, he later called me back and said he sent them the documents that the camper was never sold. I am going to call Heartland tomorrow to confirm this. According to the manager the rig never left the lot. I still have my guard up but hopefully he's telling me the truth.
Glad this all appears to be working out. Still, don’t forget about the roof bubbles, the fact they are not normal, that the dealer tried to push the defect off on you, and Heartland hasn’t responded to your query regarding those bubbles.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:59 AM   #31

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by dadnjesse

I talked to the manager at Campers Inn today, he said the person who registered the camper on Heartlands website finance's fell through and they never bought it, he said he was going to contact Heartland and let them know and assured me the camper was new, he later called me back and said he sent them the documents that the camper was never sold. I am going to call Heartland tomorrow to confirm this. According to the manager the rig never left the lot. I still have my guard up but hopefully he's telling me the truth.

How does that happen? Unless you have a signed contract, paid a down payment, completed the loan documents or paid the full amount, why would the dealer and motor vehicles office allow a transfer of ownership? The financing has to be approved first. No dealer would ever allow a trailer to leave the lot or otherwise without cash completed.
I am confused to be sure.

I would look further into this if it were me. He could be hiding the truth. Your last sentence tells me you are not convinced yet. Please follow the paper trail until your are sure and comfortable.

It costs $5 in my state to confirm or deny ownership with the DMV. They will either tell you it was or wasn't. They will not give you the buyers name though.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:07 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
How does that happen? Unless you have a signed contract, paid a down payment, completed the loan documents or paid the full amount, why would the dealer and motor vehicles office allow a transfer of ownership? The financing has to be approved first. No dealer would ever allow a trailer to leave the lot or otherwise without cash completed.

I would look further into this if it were me.
There was no transfer of ownership. The original buyer just registered with the manufacturer on their website. Kinda like when you buy a new TV and register the warranty.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #33
laj

this whole thing could be cleared up quickly and easily, but i wouldn’t touch it for nothing at this point. you already know you’ve got a screwed up paper trail, a roof that isn’t right. this isn’t the only 18 that is left on dealer lots, get your money back, and start with a clean one. isn’t that the whole point of buying new? jmo
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #34

You still need the roof fixed.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #35

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Originally Posted by dadnjesse

I would look further into this if it were me. He could be hiding the truth. Your last sentence tells me you are not convinced yet. Please follow the paper trail until your are sure and comfortable.

It costs $5 in my state to confirm or deny ownership with the DMV. They will either tell you it was or wasn't. They will not give you the buyers name though.
I totally agree!
Something is not right. The first clue ii the person in finance saying it could not financed as new due to year model.
Even if paying cash, all these papers are filed after you sign all of them and leave the lot - not anytime before.
Why would the new owner be so anxious to register on the Heartland website prior to bringing the RV home?
I smell a rat!
Old 08-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
You still need the roof fixed.
The bubbles are where to roof rolls around to the sides according to Heartland they don't put any glue there. Also I called Heartland today and they said Campers Inn sent the paperwork and the camper wasn't previously sold and has a full warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_5009155.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	256224  
Old 08-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #37

Doesn’t look good. That needs to be repaired. Not normal.
yzfyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #38

I’ve see those bubbles on numerous 5th wheels including my previous one. Check on a cool day and it will probably be gone. On the next hot day somewhere else. I talked with Alpha systems and they said it was a normal occurrence as long as there isn’t a hole or tear.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #39

Finally got everything straightened out and brought the camper home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1323.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	256346  
Old 08-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Glad it all worked out. Now go enjoy it!!
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #41

Forest River Owners Club
Really glad that got worked out well for you. From my perception of your posts it seems as though you approached things well and were reasonable in your dealings. I’ve always found that if I approached people or a problem with a chip on my shoulder or foaming at the mouth right off that outcomes haven’t been as nice as I’d like. Have fun with your new rv,
Old 08-09-2019, 06:32 PM   #42

Thor Owners Club
We have the same Big Country, had bubbles which the dealer pulled the trim loose, smoothed out the material and re-caulked. We showed a previous registration with Heartland. We bought it and are very happy with it. Warranty is not an issue, financed as new. I feel we got a great deal. Enjoy it!