Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #1

Vilano Fifth Wheel Owners?

Any Vilano owners out there? I've had my 365RL for a year now. Curious to hear from you regarding like, dislikes, experiences with buying, warranty, improvements etc.
Thanks
wkbhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #2

We have had a 2018 Vilano 365RL for about 1 1/2 years and enjoy it very much.

We have had a few minor issues which have been resolved very quickly with excellent customer support available 24/7. The techs diagnose the issue and send parts overnight if needed.

We think we made the right decision when we selected a Vilano.
johnsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #3

Ours is an '18 also. We feel the same as you, made the correct decision. We travled to Tishomingo MS last Nov. And had warranty issues taken care of as well as some upgrades. Terriffic service response on all levels!
wkbhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #4

We have a 19 375FL. Fairly happy with it. A few items are a bummer and need fixing. No major issues but its only 6 months or so old.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #5

Im waiting for Villano to come to Canada, and have been told by a little birdy ( no names lol ) that they are seriously considering this sooner rather than later. Hopefully their CS is better than the majority of other manufacturers out there. The ones that forget your name after you sign on the bottom line, Or worse yet I had a saleman take a call from another prospective customer while I was in his office signing a deal. He didn't even tell the person he was busy and would call them back. I walked out of his office and never looked back !
balticblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:30 AM   #6

Vanleigh is owned by the Tiffin family. They are known for their customer service.

2 years ago we met the CEO of Vanleigh at the Hershey show. We had a nice conversation, and as we were leaving he gave us his cell phone number in case we ever had any issues.

He took my number also, and a week later he called to thank us for chatting with him and for being a Vanleigh customer.

I doubt that happens too often in the RV industry.
johnsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:44 PM   #7

We bought a 2016 365RL #5 (we affectionately call it T-Rex because they don't build them like it now) and we've been living in it fulltime since September of 2015. Had several issues, but VanLeigh always took care of them, both in and out of warranty. I've looked inside the newer models and there's so much technology now. Being a retired Jarhead I subscribe to the acronym KISS. Maybe I'm too old fashioned, but I just look at all that stuff as something else that can go wrong. Just my humble opinion, your mileage may vary. Good luck with your Vilano.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:54 AM   #8

Have a 17 375FL. Full time in it for 2 years. I still like the unit but I believe Vanleigh went cheap in some things that didn't last. A microwave should last longer the 1-1/2 years. Have had numerous other problems that I have had to fix that would just take to long to talk about.

When under warranty Vanleigh was outstanding. After warranty not so much. Wife has been trying to get new carpet for the dinette area. Can't get Vanliegh parts department to give us a price.

I know you get what you pay for. I wish I would have went with a higher end unit. Vilano was marketed as a higher end unit, but isn't in my opinion.
CarolynanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:13 PM   #9

We have a 2018 369FB purchased @ Lazy Days Tampa March of 2018
Have not had any major issues leak under kitchen sink fix it myself by adding some zip ties to hold pipes up. Had to replace a switch in one recliner switch was sent to me by Lippert no issue with that switched it out myself.
We dont care for the set in the shower it seems crowded in the shower, I contacted CS and they could not offer and option for switching it out with one minus the seat.
We also had our oldest child and her husband spend a week with us this year down in Florida and they didn't like sleeping on the couch so I wish the couch had a mattress instead of sleeping on the cushions which are NOT comfortable.
We replaced our 2008 Monaco Knight with the 369FB another thing we miss is the Monaco owners manual was excellent for problem solving and after looking at the Vilano owner manual I can see it is pretty much useless as a go to trouble shooter.
But we are very happy with our new Vilano and have no regrets with our purchase.
podschweit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #10

Any Pinecrest model owners out there, would like to hear reviews.
Garyp4951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #11

FYI: I was looking at Tiffin's website this week, and they say that Vanleigh is now part of Tiffin Industries.

Vanleigh's ownership was originally separate of Tiffin Industries--setting a young Leigh Tiffin up in a non-competing business that could draw off the dealer base the Tiffins know so well.

Vanleigh has quickly grown the business and they possibly can save money piggybacking on the purchasing power and manufacturing resources of Tiffin Industries--largest of all motorhome manufacturers.

I was a very good friend of Bob Tiffin's brother in law--the local Chevy dealer in Red Bay. My friend often had his large home yard full of customers' motor homes, and fed the owners breakfast. They are a very good family and keep involved in every aspect of their business.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:42 PM   #12

365RL Slide Topper

Bought a 2017 365RL, and the fellow transporting it for us called and told me the topper came unwound, wind caught it and broke the mounts......its all fixable but what I am wondering is did we do something wrong or did the spring that keeps tension fail? Is there a lock mechanism that needs to be set prior to travel?

Just don't want this to happen to the other toppers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
digger662 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel