Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
GMR

Wall on Excel 35 PKO pulling away from frame

I need a little help here. I just bought a 2003 excel 35 PKO fifth wheel I was in the process of doing a deep clean and adjust when my wife noticed the wall where my couch is and the kitchen is pulling away from the frame by about an inch and a half when the slide out is extended . How can I fix this do that it will stay and not break open the next time I open the slide.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Greg
GMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #2

Look for an Excel owner's forum to see if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it. You will get your best info from actual owners. Google!
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #3

I had this problem on my 2006 34RSO. I do not know you floor plan but my problem was stove contour top and it was close to the big slide. My problem was lag screw that is on side of slide seal at bottom had broken. Call Ralph at Excel and he can help you. I drilled hole through wood and used 3/8 in bolt.
lyncjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #4
GMR

I fixed it

Here is an update , after I closed the slide I was able to pull it closed the rest of the way with a c clamp. There were 3 large screws missing from a metal brace that runs vertical next yo the opening for the slide. So I installed new ones and the. Drilled through the bottom wood piece and a metal piece above it and installed about 6 lag screws from the bottom. Next where the channel iron is that the vertical end of the wall sits in and the slide comes back to I was able to slide a piece of flat bat between the wood and the channel iron , measuring it I pulled the metal out and bent the bottom in a right angle and drilled a 1/4 inch hole and installed the metal again and screwed another lag screw there. I then drilled through the side of the channel iron and the flat bar and installed another lag screw. Then cut a piece of one inch square tubing and welded one end to the frame and the other one I welded to the bottom of the flat bar I had just installed the wall us one tight and secure .
GMR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excel