RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2020, 07:28 PM   #1

Washer/Dryer

I measured entrance door and the washer and and dryer will fit the problem is the bedroom door is only 19inches. Is the only way to install must be taking the bedroom slide off? Pinecrest Vanliegh any thoughts?

Massanutten is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2020, 07:56 PM   #2

Washer Dryer fit

Hmmm. Well I don’t have a solution upfront but we own a 2002 HR Admiral SE, 36 feet on a W22 chassis. Our bedroom door (a pocket door) is wider, unsure because it’s in storage, about how much wider, so it doesn’t sound like the same unit.
Our washer/dryer space ( for a single combo unit), is located in the kitchen area just left and down from the fridge in the floor cabinet.
You must have a DP with a different floor plan maybe?
I’m hardly an expert as we have owned ours less than two years but 19 inches seems unsafe for a bedroom door and too small to be a door for a WD. Could the rough in be in the kitchen?

Extarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm assuming you have either 392MBP or 335RLP as those models have the combo washer/dryer prep in the front bedroom. You could check the opening size if you remove the bedroom door as that might provide some extra width. You could always call Vanleigh support as well to see what they recommend, as removing a slide to install a washer/dryer seems a bit extreme.

We purchased our Beacon with the Washer & Dryer installed from Vanleigh. Mainly so we wouldn't have to wrestle a 150 lb appliance into the RV and up the stairs without damaging the interior. The door opening to the front bathroom is about 22" wide, which would barely allow the washer to squeeze through. Our washer is about 22" for the smallest dimension.

It'd be interesting to hear what Vanleigh suggests.
StuartN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:08 PM   #4

Can't imagine removing a slide would be the only answer. I'm also curious what the manufacturer or even a qualified dealer would recommend.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:09 PM   #5

On my fiver I had to take the door and door frame off to get my washer in the cabinet space.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:55 AM   #6

On our 5er we remove the door just to get the extra room. Pull the 9 screws and be done with it IF it gets you enough room. If the slide has to be removed to get the W/D in that is very poor design because they will need to be replayed at some point. Would make me wonder what else they designed poorly.

bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote