Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2020, 06:50 PM   #1

Water coming from my low point hoses

I have a 2018 Heartland Cyclone toy hauler. I just picked it up from summer storage and left for a long trip. The first day we got stuck in the snow in Montana and the temp was down to 32 for an hour until we got parked and I turned on the Yeti Pack. All went well for the two nights we stayed there and the low temp was about 37. When we left this morning at our first rest stop, water was pouring from the low point hose. When we arrived at our destination I hooked up the water and everything appeared normal. When I looked two hours later, it was pouring out again. Any suggestions or do I go to the repair shop? Thanks in advance.
Markastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2020, 07:55 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markastone View Post
I have a 2018 Heartland Cyclone toy hauler. I just picked it up from summer storage and left for a long trip. The first day we got stuck in the snow in Montana and the temp was down to 32 for an hour until we got parked and I turned on the Yeti Pack. All went well for the two nights we stayed there and the low temp was about 37. When we left this morning at our first rest stop, water was pouring from the low point hose. When we arrived at our destination I hooked up the water and everything appeared normal. When I looked two hours later, it was pouring out again. Any suggestions or do I go to the repair shop? Thanks in advance.
On our 2018 Road Warrior, sister unit to the Cyclone, I have 2 low point drains. One is red for hot water, the other is blue for the cold water. There is another "low point drain" which is a drain for the fresh water tank. So which drain is it coming out of? There is also an overflow line coming from the fresh water tank above the axles on the driver side.
Check and see what position the Anderson valve is on, make sure it is on city, not on fill. There is a possibility the Anderson valve is damaged and needs to be replaced.

The inside of the Anderson valve on these is made from plastic and there have been numerous cases where there is a leak by and the fresh water tank is being filled and will overflow. The new Anderson valve replacement is made from brass inside parts.
https://www.abcorv.com/products

You may be able to get it to work by turn the water off, release the pressure and then rotate the handle 4-5 times to see if it will get the Anderson valve to reset itself. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

The yeti pack is for the water line from the fresh water tank to the water pump. The big switch plate with the red switch is for the tank heaters for the holding tanks.
Hope some of this helps.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #3

I would think you need a 'hard freeze' to crack a water line or anything in the plumbing system. I had my trailer in 28 degrees for 4 hours before the sun started to warm things up and I had no water leaks.

But something is wrong - good luck figuring it out.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:15 PM   #4

Hamm2018,

Thank you for the reply..it’s very helpful. The water is coming out of the open hose labeled low-point, not the valved hoses close by. I don’t think it’s the overflow as it runs until it’s empty. As it worked for two days after the freeze I suspect it’s the Anderson valve...I will try resetting it and will replace with a brass valve when needed.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:15 PM   #5

Tuffr2, Thank you, I was thinking the same thing.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #6

Hamm2018,

You nailed it! Turned the valve 5xs (clockwise) and by the 3rd turn it became easier and stated making a distinct click...problem solved! I can’t thank you enough. I own you a beer or two.

On a side note, I went by a Camping World and mentioned ‘resetting’ an Anderson-valve and they guy looked at me like I was crazy! Haha!

Thanks again, I will pay this forward.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:58 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markastone View Post
Hamm2018,

You nailed it! Turned the valve 5xs (clockwise) and by the 3rd turn it became easier and stated making a distinct click...problem solved! I can’t thank you enough. I own you a beer or two.

On a side note, I went by a Camping World and mentioned ‘resetting’ an Anderson-valve and they guy looked at me like I was crazy! Haha!

Thanks again, I will pay this forward.
No problem glad it worked out for you.
If you think you may need a new one in the near future you may want to consider getting it soon. From what I understand it is at least a 4 week wait time.
But if you can wait to next June for the National Rally in Goshen Anderson gave us a 10% discount on orders during the National Rally but it was a 8 week wait for the part to arrive.
They were trying to make enough to send to the RV manufacturers before selling to those who already had the RV.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:54 PM   #8

I had to change mine last winter in Texas, kept filling the holding tank. Ordered from the factory, the put a rush on it because the old valve failed completely. They were only making so many a day and everyone was tested before shipping. Easy install instructions because a different plumbing schematic. Works well.
PS: the old plastic valve is not available.

Tags
hose, water