Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Evergreen Owners Club
Water Pressure

How can I find out what the max water pressure is for the Lifestyle 5th wheel. The tech that did the walk through told us 40 psi max. He said all trailers and 5th wheels should not exceed 40 psi. We think that he had that wrong. What say you?? I would thing the Lifestyle 5th wheel could handle the same as my Dutchstar, which was 60 psi. Let me know I don't want to blow a water line.

Thanks
Cathy&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy&Paula View Post
How can I find out what the max water pressure is for the Lifestyle 5th wheel. The tech that did the walk through told us 40 psi max. He said all trailers and 5th wheels should not exceed 40 psi. We think that he had that wrong. What say you?? I would thing the Lifestyle 5th wheel could handle the same as my Dutchstar, which was 60 psi. Let me know I don't want to blow a water line.
Thanks
Cathy&Paula
I say: "Why not contact the manufacturer of the 5th wheel in questionand ask"?
(IMO nobody knows more about a particular 5th wheel than the manufacturer of that 5th wheel).
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I agree with Mel to contact the manufacturer and see if they give you a upper water pressure number.

That being said, I set my adjustable high flow regulator to 50 psi. From my research most nonadjustable regulators are set near 50 psi; they sometimes restrict higher flows and the pressure drops off to less than 30-40 psi when flowing. Hence why I bought the high flow adjustable.

I have pressure tested a couple of my units to 100 psi to check for leaks when I have made plumbing repairs/additions and have not had any leaks. Limitations are usually the fittings that are plastic and connected using the "leak prone" PEX Pinch clamp, vs the Crush rings.

My info...
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:29 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Evergreen Owners Club
This manufacturer is no longer in business, that is why I am asking..
Cathy&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #5

Quote:
This manufacturer is no longer in business, that is why I am asking..
In that case I suggest you set it to 40 psi.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #6

What year is that 5th wheel?

If it uses PEX for the hot/cold plumbing then it is good for 100 PSI

If it uses the grey poly for plumbing.pass don't buy it unless you are planning on replacing all of that junk grey poly tubing

FYI....... (Tech is an idiot)
Standard RV on demand pump has a 45# discharge
Optional RV on demand pumps have 55# to 65# discharge pressure
('Tech'........obvious is a misnomer)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #7

Our Lifestyle is good for 100 PSI. Been running it at 80 with good volume where we are and it's like a household water system. Only wish we had a larger and/or faster water heater so I could stand in the nice shower longer!
Old 09-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
I agree with Mel to contact the manufacturer and see if they give you a upper water pressure number.

That being said, I set my adjustable high flow regulator to 50 psi. From my research most nonadjustable regulators are set near 50 psi; they sometimes restrict higher flows and the pressure drops off to less than 30-40 psi when flowing. Hence why I bought the high flow adjustable.

I have pressure tested a couple of my units to 100 psi to check for leaks when I have made plumbing repairs/additions and have not had any leaks. Limitations are usually the fittings that are plastic and connected using the "leak prone" PEX Pinch clamp, vs the Crush rings.

My info...
Brian
X2 ^
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #9

Can't imagine that any water system can't handle 60psi--but if worried, get a Watts adjustable regulator and install somewhere in line before the trailer.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #10

Some useful info here:
https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/ABPressure.htm
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Explorers View Post
Our Lifestyle is good for 100 PSI. Been running it at 80 with good volume where we are and it's like a household water system. Only wish we had a larger and/or faster water heater so I could stand in the nice shower longer!

Although PEX is good for 100 psi the 'weak link' is fittings/connections.
80PSI might be OK NOW,,,,,,,,,,,

I would get an adjustable water pressure regulator and set it for 50# Static (no flow)

As for increased water heater time........
If your water heater is combo gas/electric and you have electric service available use both.
Slowest recovery is electric only
Better recovery is propane only
Fastest recovery is both electric and propane at same time.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #12

Your Lifestyle is all Pex with crimped connectors. The weak links are the connectors, valves in the wet bay and water heater. Check your water heater specs for the max pressure.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:59 PM   #13

Evergreen Owners Club
I have a 2016 Bay Hill 375RE. Would be almost the same as your Life Style. My pump is 55 psi. so I am sure you are safe at that pressure. I have a 50-55 psi pressure regulator between the hydrant and my water hose. Hope this helps you.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:08 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:

Thanks
One consideration is that water expands when heated and it can't back flow into the shore water line or the RV fresh water tank due to check valves. So if the system has no leaks at 40-60 PSI and you have cold water in the water heater tank, and you fire up the water heater, it can easily rise well above 100 PSI and something somewhere will start to leak to bleed the pressure. Starting at 40 rather than 60 reduces the chances.

If you install an RV water expansion tank on the cold water side of the RV water system then when the water gets heated the pressure will only rise a few PSI.

So my two cents is install an expansion tank and then 60 PSI will be good, without an expansion tank 40 PSI.

Note that if you have a on-demand water heater then you don't have to worry about this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure