Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2006, 06:45 AM   #1

Hi,
I just heard about this type of stabilizer for RVs. Wondering if anyone on this forum uses them and your opinions on them. Do they reduce stop the side to side sway on trailers and 5ers?

Thanks!

Wife and kid maybe friends, maybe pets, maybe not, lost look in face,
rhoevinbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2006, 06:45 AM   #2

Hi,
I just heard about this type of stabilizer for RVs. Wondering if anyone on this forum uses them and your opinions on them. Do they reduce stop the side to side sway on trailers and 5ers?

Thanks!

Old 01-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Coincidently, I just ran across this item also. I checked my rig and don't think I have an adequate spot to put the thing on the back. My bumper is formed fiberglass and there is no other flat surface that I can find.

The theory is great, but you have to have an adequate solid flat surface to make it work. Sorry I can't help more than that.

You may have already googled this item. When I did I found a fairly decent review: http://www.bitware.com/5er/waynes.htm

If you don't already have them, I highly recommend rotochoks. They don't take out all the rocking, but they sure cut it down.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:14 PM   #4

Hi,
I can understand how a fiberglass endcap could be ruined with one of these. Fortunately my Pilgrim 5er has a solid bumper welded onto the frame, so I think I'd be okay.

I've checked different websites and even eBay and found them for about $27-40 a piece. I think I'd need just one for the rear and a tripod for the front. The rocking/sway is just in the rear end and not the front in my rig, even then it's not too bad, but more noticable than our previous TT.

Old 01-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #5

I'm surprised this topic hasn't garnered more responses----------

Old 01-30-2006, 07:53 AM   #6

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
rhoevinbt:

You may want to check out this:
http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/f...d/16951465.cfm
Old 01-30-2006, 11:12 AM   #7

Thanks for the link! I've got my reading cut out for me!

Old 02-09-2006, 04:33 AM   #8

I just installed a set of Strong-Arm Jack stabilizers mfg by JT's RV Accessories, on our Titanium 5W and they work - make you think the trailer is on blocks - you can throw away the kingpin tripod and and the other things you use to prevent chassis movement. They are a little costly but worth every penny if the wife is happy. They have a web site (www.jtrv.com) for those who would like to take a look.

03 Titiaum 32E37DS TrailAir Center Point Suspension
Papaalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Papaalfa (Jerry??)

I noticed that the rear jack stabilizers were front to back only whereas the front ones were both side to side and front to back. Is that enough in the back to take out the side to side movement? I had looked at another brand at the Tampa Super Show last month that had side to side stabilizers in the back, but they interfered with the Titanium's spare tire assembly.

By the way, if this is Jerry, did you get rid of your old auxiliary fuel tank?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #10

I have a Wilderness rear living room, and after installing the Wayne's Stabilizers, I noticed a marked difference in movement of the rig. Well worth the money, just make sure they send you everything they say they will.
snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #11

Everything that I've seen and read suggests that only one needs to be used to keep the rear sway down. Some that I've read even suggests that you don't need a front tripod for the kingpin.