Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2021, 09:10 AM   #1

What about the Columbus River Ranch?

Hi guys,

Just saw a video from Mattís RV Reviews on the Columbus River Ranch. It has a flat floor throughout the unit with 7í ceilings. And central air, no units on the roof with more basement storage than most diesel pushers. And If you like to cook, the best kitchen Iíve ever seen. I think it may have the best bath as well. High end for sure and looks really purdy!
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2021, 02:05 PM   #2

There is one here in our rv park. The exterior looks pretty sharp. I've read allot about it and it looks like a interesting set up. Cant speak of much more than that unfortunately
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #3

Hi Billett Bee, Thatís my impression as well. It seems very impressive and quite inventive as well. No same-O same-O with River Ranch!
Old 08-19-2021, 03:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi Billett Bee, Thatís my impression as well. It seems very impressive and quite inventive as well. No same-O same-O with River Ranch!
My only wonder is, ( i know it says 7' ceiling but ) does the whole house feel like your upstairs with that closed in feeling it does it still feel opened up. Plus like on a coach were so many storage bays are taken up with the inter workings of the house. Like where are the air conditioners, if there just in a vented storage bay are you really gaining anything. Either way it's really an interesting concept and I'm glad to see somebody thinking outside the box instead of the same old same old.
Full disclosure, where not interested in purchasing one as we are having a luxe custom built to or specifications. It would be interesting to tour a river ranch though to see how they did it.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:57 PM   #5

All I’ve seen are the videos at this point and they have been impressive. I’d say the River Ranch kitchen and bathroom of the 390 are the nicest I’ve seen regardless of the type of RV. And the master bedroom with Real King Bed, 50” TV on televater and fireplace… WoW!

But the basement where you so often see wires and stuff all over the place. The River Ranch is very clean and organized. I was watching a video of a new Montana and amazed to see, when opening the front generator door, it flexed in his hand it was so thin. The generator door was every bit of 2” thick on the River Ranch. To include an absolute top of the line Gerard tankless on demand water heater and it even has a Flex Air pin-box.

I’d say Columbus is out to make a very good impression with their new flagship River Ranch!

Congratulations on your luxe, very nice coach.
Old 08-19-2021, 08:21 PM   #6

Quote:
All Iíve seen are the videos at this point and they have been impressive. Iíd say the River Ranch kitchen and bathroom of the 390 are the nicest Iíve seen regardless of the type of RV. And the master bedroom with Real King Bed, 50Ē TV on televater and fireplaceÖ WoW!

But the basement where you so often see wires and stuff all over the place. The River Ranch is very clean and organized. I was watching a video of a new Montana and amazed to see, when opening the front generator door, it flexed in his hand it was so thin. The generator door was every bit of 2Ē thick on the River Ranch. To include an absolute top of the line Gerard tankless on demand water heater and it even has a Flex Air pin-box.

Iíd say Columbus is out to make a very good impression with their new flagship River Ranch!

Congratulations on your luxe, very nice coach.
Tyvm, were super excited about it m hopefully only another month or so. You sound pretty sold on the river ranch, i can hear the excitement in your voice. Like I said I'm quite fascinated by it and just to see a manufacturer thinking outside the box is a vey good thing.
So what do you know about the a/c system? Is it mounted underneath between the frame rails or put in a storage bay and then vented out? Plus what style is that a/c system there doing, like a home split type or the traditional rv roof mounted versions?
How is the insulation in that thing and can you option in duel pane windows?
Old 08-20-2021, 05:15 AM   #7

Here are the answerers I got from their web site.

Residential 2-Ton Hvac System (I believe it’s Coleman) and it’s in the basement vented out the side of the Coach.
R-38 Floor Insulation
R-40 Residential 5" Radius Wood Truss Roof
R-11 Sidewall Insulation
Vacuum Bonded Walls W/ Azdel

Hope that helps.
Old 08-20-2021, 05:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Here are the answerers I got from their web site.

Residential 2-Ton Hvac System (I believe itís Coleman) and itís in the basement vented out the side of the Coach.
R-38 Floor Insulation
R-40 Residential 5" Radius Wood Truss Roof
R-11 Sidewall Insulation
Vacuum Bonded Walls W/ Azdel

Hope that helps.
Hmmmmm, not a bad set up, will be interesting over time to see what quirks they have from customer reviews
Old 08-20-2021, 06:16 AM   #9

I agree Billet Bee, So far Iíve found it a fascinating fifth wheel. And it looks like they have really tried to build it right. Time will tell for sure!
Old 08-20-2021, 09:14 AM   #10

I forgot to add that under the slides is also a composite that will not rot, be bothered by bugs or ever delaminate. I understand that’s very unique to a fifth wheel.

I keep looking for a “That’s not good” or “Why did they do that”? And I’ve not found it yet. If there is one glaring omission it’s THERE IS NO CENTRAL VAC SYSTEM! Not included and not on the option list? I’m sorry but that’s nuts.

What would be very cool is a Vac system that will clean the inside, with an extension to Vac the bay as well. It has that one piece composite floor so why not Vac that as well?
Old 08-20-2021, 09:26 AM   #11

I forgot to add that under the slides is also a composite that will not rot, be bothered by bugs or ever delaminate. I understand thatís very unique to a fifth wheel. I understand if the bottom of a slide rots etc itís an $8,000 to $12,000 deal.

I keep looking for a ďThatís not goodĒ or ďWhy did they do thatĒ? And Iíve not found it yet. If there is one glaring omission itís THERE IS NO CENTRAL VAC SYSTEM! Not included and not on the option list? Iím sorry but thatís nuts.

What would be very cool is a Vac system that will clean the inside, with an extension to Vac the bay as well. It has that one piece composite floor so why not Vac that as well?
Old 08-20-2021, 09:54 AM   #12

It really sounds like your sold on one, I just havent researched them enough to be able to offer any factual advice
Old 08-20-2021, 10:00 AM   #13

I try to find something I like and then research it as best I can. Trying to fine what I don’t like in the Coach. And then apply it to other contenders in the same price range. So far the River Ranch has withstood the test very well.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #14

Quote:
I try to find something I like and then research it as best I can. Trying to fine what I donít like in the Coach. And then apply it to other contenders in the same price range. So far the River Ranch has withstood the test very well.
Im exactly the same way and did that with our choice based on my comparisons.