Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselGod View Post
Has anyone changed your shower head to "Oxygenics" to improve pressure? I watched that "love your RV" guy's YouTube 20 improvements vlog and he also changed to 1/4 turn valves. It uses the exact same amount of water but has a much stronger spray and better shut off valve while you soap up lol...more essential for boondocking probably but I was wondering if anyone else has tried this or something better? I have had Cougars for years and I want to make improvements to this new 2015 313 we just bought last week. The shower is a poor quality setup and you waste a lot of water trying to get the temp right as the plastic expands with the hot and cold water flow.

Best upgrade, wife happy. WIN!
jumpmaster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #16

A super good change from the oem shower head. We have had ours for close to a year. Between DW and myself there are close to 125 showers with the Oxygenics, we love it.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:29 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A whole lot of us have done this.. Though I did not change the cut off valve (Reason below) I did change the head.. As you noted the water used is nearly identical but it is a much nicer shower.

The "Smart Pulse" Valve lets a little water flow even in the OFF position, Many threads on the forums complain "When I turn the shower head back on it is (pick one) {too hot} {too cold} this trickle it allows solves that problem.

The Reason I did not swap the valve is that my RV did not come with a cut off on the shower (Yes the salesman said there was one, but there was not) and the valve I purchased at Mennards (A competitor of Lowes and Home Depot) like the Smart pulse, lets a trickle through.. In fact, nearly exactly the same amount. So I did not change it.

Shower is nicer, spray pattern is smaller but shower is nicer.. I really like it. In my case the swap was simple, Unscrew the hose from the head, screw it back on (I have a "Telephone" type shower). (Telephone booth size too :( but the bark showers here are same size and fixed head so mine is nicer).
Old 01-07-2016, 10:42 PM   #18

Thank you everyone for the opinions! I appreciate you taking the time
We decided to order the shower head and 1/4 turn valves.
DieselGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:52 AM   #19

I bought one because so many in the rv forums like them. I didn't like the spray pattern and I hated the cut-off. For some reason, cutting it off for a few seconds would cause the next surge of water to be cold. So, I've got a fairly expensive extra shower head I hope I never need to use.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:37 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To answer your question: YES. I have.. My Coach came with a hand held (Telephone type) Shower head so I just changed the head, everything else is the same.. NOTE. I did not use the Oxygenics "Smart Pluse" valve because... I had one already in the line that I installed years earlier.. Very happy with it.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Push button valves are much easier to use in the shower than turn valves. Been there, done that.....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower