Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2018, 03:49 PM   #29

We have storage under our bed, so we store chairs, & mat under there. Less is more. Everything we need is stored properly inside our TT.
tdcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2018, 03:56 PM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a camper shell on my truck with a CargoGlide bed slide. The CG makes access to all my truck bed gear a breeze! Never have to climb into truck bed!! I can access anything without having to remove a bunch of stuff.

I carry in forward pass through storage:

BBQ, chairs, patio mat, folding table, set up gear (wheel chocks, blocks, fresh water hoses, 30amp electrical RV cord, 30amp surge protector, leveling blocks, etc).

Truck bed:

tools, truck supplies (lubricants, water, coolant), EZ up on occasion, spare parts/supplies, emergency roadside supplies (cones, triangle reflectors), fishing gear, cooler full of beer/water, 20# spare propane tank

NOTE:
My 3400W Champion genny/inverter is mounted at A frame (above propane tanks) of my trailer. It is gas/propane model and has only been used on propane (to avoid carb issues). It is connected directly to propane tanks as needed. I carry a spare propane tank in truck bed on longer trips.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:29 PM   #31

I have a short bed F350 pulling a 5er. Everything is in the passthrough storage except ~~ the hitch and auxiliary fuel tank AND because I'm only 5'11 and cannot reach the lever to the hitch, a short ladder. Everything is covered when the 5er is not attached.
Captn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:06 PM   #32

Texas Boomers Club
We store everything except the coffee pot. Everything in its place.
Glensouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:23 PM   #33

What happens inside, stays inside. Only items brought from inside would be food. All outside stuff stored outside, in basement, genny room & large rear slide out tray. Generally, the TV only carries extra Diesel and firewood. Nothing is stored inside the rv that will go outside at the campsite. The rear slide out tray carries chairs, firepit, tables, carpet and a few wood planks if leveling is required at the site of a lake or pond. Tools and water hookup in front basement passthrough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel-tanks.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	230507   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear-storage-3791.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	230508  

Old 12-30-2018, 07:21 PM   #34

Send a message via ICQ to Farfman Send a message via AIM to Farfman
Who cares? 🤡
Old 12-30-2018, 07:42 PM   #35

More stuff than we actually need or use. I have been leaving the duplicates and 'what-if' stuff behind and more often than not, I don't miss anything. Last August on the way to Maryland from Oregon I realized that I forgot to pack some clothes that was even one step up from real casual. A stop at Cabela's in Sidney, Nebraska solved that problem. Good thing leaving things behind left space for more 'gotta have that' stuff.
Flarpswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #36

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loydmeeks View Post
We have a camper shell on our truck. Chairs, grill, tool bag, coolers, fishing equipment, go in it. the basement has all the setup equipment
Hey Loyd! We are from McAlester!good to see a fellow SE Okie on the forum.
Papaslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:19 PM   #37

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
When we hit the road it is for a couple of months with 2 dogs and a cat. We have coach stuff that stays in the coach inside and outside, extra hangup room and car and bike stuff as well as full tools in trailer. Have RV’d for 30+ years and have reduced “stuff” drastically over the years. I used to think I had to have spare parts for every possible situation and a tool to boot. I only keep a couple diesel fuel filters, genny filters and fluids now. Saved tons of weight and frustration.
Papaslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #38

not sure

new greyhawk mv and not enough outside storage. must haves large RV mat, 4 chairs, small BBQ, sewage stuff,fun games, need to take fishing rods apart. still working on outdoor storage. indoor has enough
Patchesmoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:07 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Everything in basement storage, not inside of MH.
Lakeman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:14 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
Our motorhome is our home. If it belongs outside it is stored outside either in the basement or in the trunk of the car.
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:26 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie_ENT View Post
Mr. ManWithNoRV (-aka- Mr. RoadEyeGetSomePie)....

You (previously) say you bought a 35 LF+ 5th wheel and a D/P to tow with... But don't have anything listed on your profile? Does it matter where you put stuff to go with an RV? Why would you put all your camping items inside your trailer when they can go outside? Don't you have to have to purchase the items to install beforehand?

BIG QUESTION .... My #1 daughter finished her college finals last week, when will the group posting these 600+++ comments finish their semester and bring these tales to a completion?

Huh?
Can someone please explain this one for us slow ones?
Thanks
Contrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:29 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
Huh?
Can someone please explain this one for us slow ones?
Thanks

Not me.
Lakeman1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel