Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #1

What's the Best Resource for finding 5th wheel Values

I have began thinking about trading my 05 Alpenlite but am having problems finding accurate and reliable resources for finding trade-in values of my coach.

I am thinking most dealers will only give a "Wholesale" price quote for the trade-in unit. The sites I have looked at only give me a"Low Retail" and "High Retail" price range. I'm just not sure I should be using those as "trade-in numbers.

I've tried Kelly Blue Book and NADA but I'm not sure that is what a retailer would use as a guide.

Any insider tips would be helpful. I just want as much information to help me make an informed decision.

This would also help me figure out the Fair/Average price of the replacement unit I want to buy.

Thanks
Jeff
wantajustrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #2

That is a great trl. I would just sell it and to heck with trading.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
I would start checking out the web and look at what the price is on used units......New and Used Alpenlite Fifth Wheel For Sale On RV Trader
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:21 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
You may be able to get the wholesale price from your Credit Union or banker. JMHO
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:02 AM   #5

Thanks. I didn't even think about checking with my credit union.

I am having a hard time justifying trading the Augusta Limited. It is a nice coach. Solar/inverter, 100 gal of fresh water. And very clean for 10 years old.

I've just been wanting something a little better for late fall camping. A more true "4 season unit".

Trouble is, when I compare other coaches that are out there, it's hard to beat the quality of the "Alpie".
Old 09-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
That's why once you have narrowed down what rig you want....check out the web to figure out what the market is pricing the rig at......A book value may not be what the price on the open market might be......Even areas of the country differ in price...
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:17 AM   #7

would not give up our 2003 Teton for anything on market with the exception of custom built. That's the only way to get one as good as this.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennwest View Post
would not give up our 2003 Teton for anything on market with the exception of custom built. That's the only way to get one as good as this.
You have kinda hit the nail on the head with that logic. I'm not trying to run anyones choice of coach down but that sum's up how I feel about my Alpenlite.

Is it perfect? No. But it's a lot better than some other stuff out there. And I didn't have to absorb that big depreciation hit on "New Rig" price, by buying it a few model years old.

That's not to say, if the right used one was located I may be persuaded to trade.
I feel that in a few more years my 5th will have little value at all. Seems like it's the same old story, When your buying, you pay top dollar. And when your selling, wholesale price is about all you can get.

I agree, Fred1609. Markets are always changing and prices change regionally.

Jeff

Tags
5th wheel