Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
Yes it is true that Fleetwood is no longer in the TRAVEL TRAILER business, however they still make 5th wheels and motor holmes. Read the fine print.
Last news release I saw on Fleetwood was they were not making towable trailers. As far a s I know a 5er is still a towable trailer.

has there been another release?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Heart View Post
My son is VP Sales & Marketing of Carriage - they're definately open and doing well!! Tell your sales guy to check his facts.
Hey - - what are you doing running a motorhome. Don should make sure you are in a nice Royals. Shame all over him.

Just chatted with the Carriage factory this afternoon and they just bumped up the production line due to some good orders. They are healthy all things considered.

Bob
Old 07-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #17

Technically speaking the salesguy was correct in that Carriage does not make the Carriage line any more but are still making Royals to order, Cameo's and Carri-Lites. Why they discontinued the Carriage line is beyond me as that was a premiere trailer among their quality line-up!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstark View Post
Technically speaking the salesguy was correct in that Carriage does not make the Carriage line any more but are still making Royals to order, Cameo's and Carri-Lites. Why they discontinued the Carriage line is beyond me as that was a premiere trailer among their quality line-up!
As you consider what has happened, it becomes fairly clear why they dropped the "Carriage" named coach. Everyone becomes quite confused when they discuss lines. I have a Carriage. People ask me what I have - - I say Carriage - - they say, yes, but what Carriage - - I say "Carriage Carriage". DUH. Yeh, confusing. Try Newmar - - they don't make a "Newmar" - - they make lines within the Newmar umbrella. Further, the CarriLite has been constantly upgraded to the point it was almost as nice as the Carriage - - there was insufficient differences to keep making the Carriage. Hence, they felt it best to drop the name. Take a good look at the new CarriLite and you will quickly realize you are looking at a high quality coach. It is difficult to see much difference from that and the older Carriage.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #19

I had never thought of that confusion related to the straight Carriage trailer in conflict with the name of the company, makes sense as I completely agree with your assessment of the Carri-Lite development moving upwards in amenities and quality.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:48 AM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
CrossRoads, a division of Thor, is still alive and well.

CrossRoads RV, Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers, Destination Trailers, Park Models, Toy Haulers, Recreational Vehicles
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #21

New Horizons RV is still alive and well. In fact, they just recently came out with a new model. I hear that it is on the cover of a recent Trailer Life magazine.

We have one of their older models and have been satisfied. The RV Consumer Group gives them 5/5 stars for fulltiming, which was a major factor in our considering New Horizons.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #22

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I called Carriage yesterday and had a real nice talk with Rob about their line of 5th wheels. The new ones have a heavier axles and a big foot leveling system. They also build their own frames. He told me the 33ckq would be ok for my truck. When I got off the phone with him I still can't think of anything more I needed to know. That is a first for me. Now I need to go see one and find a dealer that is desperate to sell. We are going to a Oct. IR2 rally and Carolina Coach is on the way. It will be a nice place to stop for a day or two.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #23

Excel Owners Club
You may also want to consider an Excel by Peterson Ind. We have been full timing in a TKE39 for about a year now and it has been a very good unit. You cannot beat their 2 year bumper to bumper warranty, either. Please feel free to PM us if you have any questions about our Excel...

Da Kittens (Dora and Inky)
WldKargo is offline   Reply With Quote