Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I never gave it much thought while shopping for ours, but I wish I had. Our Montana has the windows on the left, facing our neighbor's site in the campground. It's my least favorite thing about the unit.
Army Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Nurse View Post
I never gave it much thought while shopping for ours, but I wish I had. Our Montana has the windows on the left, facing our neighbor's site in the campground. It's my least favorite thing about the unit.

Interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Montana with windows on the left. I would agree with you though. Very glad our Montana has windows on the curb side
wnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:01 PM   #17

I find my shades work.......
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #18

There was a big debate in the class A forum. A lot of people trying to make having a view of the neighbors patio was better than a view of someone's hookups. I guess they always stayed in a sardine camp. Passenger view is better, it was a challenge finding a class A with big windows on the passenger side. Nice view from dining table. Impossible to also find a newer one with big windows in the bedroom. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171113_173905.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	184853
Old 12-06-2017, 10:23 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
There was a big debate in the class A forum. A lot of people trying to make having a view of the neighbors patio was better than a view of someone's hookups. I guess they always stayed in a sardine camp. Passenger view is better, it was a challenge finding a class A with big windows on the passenger side. Nice view from dining table. Impossible to also find a newer one with big windows in the bedroom. Attachment 184853
Another big plus on our choice for the rig we have also! Like the option of sitting at the table and having breakfast and looking out to OUR campsite if it's too cool to sit outside!
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bddadles View Post
I like curb side and rear.
Another vote here for on curb side and rear.

It is one of the major factors driving our 310GK Solitude decision - such beautifully big windows on the curb side!
Old 12-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #21

We have a Montana 3160 RL and it has the windows on the left/roadside and the kitchen on the right/curbside. I love our fiver but if I was going to do it again, I would flop the kitchen to the other side. Right now all we can see is our neighbor's patio and our sewer hookups.
hgtyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:02 AM   #22

Half the views in a typical RV park are trailers on both sides.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknife View Post
Half the views in a typical RV park are trailers on both sides.
Sometimes the view is best out the passenger side. Just sayin'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5357.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	389.3 KB
ID:	185128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5354.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	185129  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5355.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	473.2 KB
ID:	185130  
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window