Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2020, 05:32 PM   #1

Wonder if this idea will catch on?

Interesting concept that I think is pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/KbjRnQKRIwA
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2020, 05:52 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I definitely think it will. Some may not want something that length. But many who don't like fivers due the the interior steps will like it. Its all on one level.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:47 PM   #3

With the GVWR coming in just under 18,000 lbs I would think weight may be a problem for some. But really like the idea!
Slapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:18 PM   #4

Ain't get out the door quickly with the 'gate' in place and w/o it good chance of falling down into the 'well'.

Fire Extinguisher needs to be higher on wall out of that 'well'

Storage up the ying-yang which is nice
Course 14K dry and 18K GVWR....4k in storage
Who need that much??

New concept but not something I would be interested in
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:14 AM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
It weighs less than my 38 foot Lifestyle and has the same ccc. I think they did an awesome job on interior decor and th bath is really nice. The floor is probably warmer being higher off the ground as long as the basement is properly heated. Basement air is unusual these days and is very quiet. I'd never want anything that large but there sure are a lot of fivers in that length range.
Off the subject but just as a safety reminder: the fire extinguisher requirement is lame, imo. In an ignited rv, that standard little extinguisher would be worthless. I have one under the kitchen sink, one beside the bed and one in my truck. All three as a means of just trying to protect loved ones and self in the process of escaping.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Interesting concept that I think is pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/KbjRnQKRIwA

They just moved the steps to the entry rather than the interior. I would stick with less entry steps especially when coming home with bags of grocery's.

I once did a Superman dive out the door of our 5er, and am glad I went down about 3' rather than 5'. I was lucky and just bounced when I hit the ground (gravel/dirt).
Rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:57 AM   #7

Aesthetically it looks very nice. One thing i dont like about our 5th wheel bedroom is the height of the ceiling. I wouldnt want the whole thing barely over 6ft tall but then im 6ft1. I can see it being attractive for people under 6ft or shorter.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:29 AM   #8

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
They claim 84" ceiling height.
https://youtu.be/y-4CE25iS94
Old 12-16-2020, 10:57 AM   #9

Evergreen Owners Club
I agree with Rhagfo. They just raised the floor and moved the steps to the entry. Who wants to climb 6 steps getting in or out? And you lose walking room with the steps inside the doorway. My Luxe Elite 42RL has more than enough storage area in the basement and in the coach. Hell we have storage area we most likely will never use.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:54 AM   #10

This unit is very well done other than a few things mentioned already. It could be very easily converted for handicapped use.
With that huge basement "stuff" could be balanced to avoid crazy pin weights allowing more truck options.
I see one for sale at ~82K, cheaper than I would have thought but out of our budget.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
With that huge basement "stuff" could be balanced to avoid crazy pin weights allowing more truck options.
Very good point. I also see the downside of people loading up the huge basement storage with so much stuff as to severely overload the trailer. Probably good for a full timer that likes to park and stay and seldom leaves their rig.

We are in and out of our trailer so much more than going up the stairs to the bedroom. So, for us the trailer would represent a lot more climbing of stairs. I like the basement shroud that most likely covers the holding tanks. I can see a lot of maintenance issues simplified.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:30 AM   #12

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
The expansive basement would also make it easier to get to things....as long as you can remember what door its behind.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:25 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
6 steps in normal for motorhomes. And one level. But way too much storage. Its gonna get overloaded! Nice concept that's gonna get copied a lot.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:51 PM   #14

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
It will get copied just like everything else. Probably will just as overloaded as most others. At least they got off to a good start with 4k payload. There are dozens of fivers on the market with raised areas in the rear just like that of the front. So all that has changed is bringing up the middle so its all one level. I like it but not in the market and want nothing longer than what I currently have which is 38'. It will be interesting to see if they offer some shorter models. I think it will sell well.

Tags
cat