Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2019, 09:32 AM   #29

I saw one in a cargo trailer that was used to sell beds & bedding from. It was basically set up like a bed store, there was no smell and once the doors were closed it heated everything up in minutes almost too hot.

I inquired about it and was told it came from a company in Quebec but cannot remember the name, they were building them for the RV and tiny home market.

Nick
BriarPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantrekker View Post
Hi RoadEyePie, was wondering your thinking behind the comment you posted. I'm looking for input as to the pros and cons and it looks as though you have 40 years of experience with wood heat. We've lived with wood heat for a bit longer than you (burning 6-8 cords a year) and are somnewhat habituated to that radiant form of heat, so that piques my interest in putting it in the fiver.
Well I suppose if the RV is stationary and not moving that would solve the problem of how you are going to gather / haul 6-8 cords a year. If I ever burned a wood byproduct for fuel again, I'd go back to wood pellets sold in 40 lb. bags. It was our last wood stove and much cleaner that bulk logs. Wood stoves are dirty and require frequent cleaning. Then there's the installation of the stove pipe and safety. I use propane logs in our house now and while it isn't our primary heat, we use it practically everyday during the winter months. I suppose in your case you are looking at a very small stove which makes it feasible. If you decide to go with it, research it well and make sure it's safe. Best of Luck.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #31

I only have one question. Have you ever seen how fast an RV burns if it catches fire? Go to YouTube to see how fast they burn. It is amazingly fast.
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:22 PM   #32

https://youtu.be/6dpQUeUhx6w
C5c5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:17 PM   #33

I love my chocolate colored enameled wood stove.
Itís beautiful! Heats like a beast ~
But Iím tired of hauling in wood and ash buckets.
I want less work the older I get.
But...IMHO nothing beats a stove for heat.
Iíll just adjust when the time comes, hahaha
Old 12-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Nu-Way Stove. Made in Onaway Michigan for ice fishing shanty is very small and may be the size you want. They make wood fired and propane fired.
nuwaystove.com
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:47 AM   #35

a manufacturer will NEVER do it do to the risk/liability... now if u want to do on your own have at it and just make sure your insurance is up to date and keep it well away from anything else!!! happy heating
meseahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:00 AM   #36

All types of heaters have minimal clearances from combustibles. A wood stove doesn't necessarily pose unique dangers. I've seen very nice, small boat stoves as mentioned earlier. Some are wall-mounted so they take up little space. Some have small wood storage areas below.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerreknit View Post
All types of heaters have minimal clearances from combustibles. A wood stove doesn't necessarily pose unique dangers. I've seen very nice, small boat stoves as mentioned earlier. Some are wall-mounted so they take up little space. Some have small wood storage areas below.
Your observation as stated is where I come from in starting the inquiry. Thank you. Now on to the practical issues of making the wood fired heating system
compatible with portability, slide installation clearances for in/out functioning, chimney attachment concerns, etc. Thank you for your response.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #38

Grizzly cubic minis are the only ones I have seen installed. They have a couple of versions on it based on your sq/ft needs.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:23 AM   #39

Check out Western Range Camps. They come with wood stoves as standard equipment. If I camped lots in the northern climates, I'd put in a marine unit.
MtCamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #40

I ask your insurance agent about coverage with wood stove.
42willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #41

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42willys View Post
I ask your insurance agent about coverage with wood stove.
X 2 !!!!
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:09 PM   #42

Wood stove in an RV.

Check out Airforums. Do a search for wood burning stoves . Some Airstream owners have installed stoves in their Airstream.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, fire, install, led, replace